My KSC 35's Broke!!
Jan 17, 2003 at 6:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

chewmanji

100+ Head-Fier
Hullo,

So I was at school, all ready to hit the bus and go home, gearing up with my MD and Koss's. Then I hit the play button on my MD. Music starts playing. What also begins is a rustling like sound coming from the right driver. Sound like something in there is loose, kind of like a piece of paper or something.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
. And now, unless I find some magical way of fixing them, I have no way of acquiring more KSC35's easily here in Vancouver.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

blech.

Jan 17, 2003 at 8:29 AM Post #4 of 16
According to the Koss site, the ksc35 has a lifetime warranty:

Quote:

Your stereophone is covered under the Lifetime Warranty Policy. To have your product serviced, please send the product along with $6.00 each for shipping and handling to the correct address for your location:

Koss Corporation
4129 N. Port Washington Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53212
1-800-USA-KOSS

Jan 17, 2003 at 8:53 AM Post #6 of 16
There goes the theory that nobody complains about Koss phones not working, flying out the window.
tongue.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 17, 2003 at 2:08 PM Post #10 of 16
Hope those KSC35s are ok.... My pair was completely destroyed and they got sucked into the vacuum, and I liked them a lot! Grrr....

Jan 17, 2003 at 3:15 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Buddha
Quite often a small piece of foam or a hair gets caught and vibrates against the driver ...

That's what the salesman told me too when I got the KSC35 a few days ago. Just take off the foam and blow some air (preferably without spitting
wink.gif
) on it to get rid of whatever the crap that might be stuck in there.

Jan 17, 2003 at 5:06 PM Post #13 of 16
I got an old pair of portas which developed a rattle in one ear piece . When I took the foam off there was a small crack in the plastic housing which I simply fixed with a little tape. The drivers were ok and still work

Jan 18, 2003 at 3:54 AM Post #14 of 16
I have to do this routinely with my Portapros to keep them from buzzing and driving me crazy. Take off the drivers, take off the pads, take any hair out of the pads, blow in the drivers, and put it all back together. That fixes the problem for me.

Jan 18, 2003 at 8:20 AM Post #15 of 16
I just today received my third pair of PortaPros - my dog had eaten/destroyed my last two and Koss replaced them for "free"... costs $7 to get them repaired and $15 to use Purolator to send them back. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back