My Koss KSC75s sound better than my Sennheiser PX100s!
Nov 16, 2005 at 6:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

BigBadWolf

New Head-Fier
To me anyway. The PX100s just sound too bright and annoying. I gets so bad that sometimes I'd like to snatch them off my ears! I appreciate the precision and balance of this can, and the lesser but tigher bass, but the upper-mid to high frequencies sound ear-piercing. OUCH!

The KSC75s sound amazing- clear midrange, improved treble performance (compared to a PortaPro, IMHO), and ever-present (making-me-happy) bass. I can't believe they sound so good for $20. Needless to say my ears are happy
wink.gif

'nuff said. Would like to hear your comments if ya own(ed) or heard 'em!

Nov 16, 2005 at 6:30 AM Post #2 of 41
Hi, did you happen to get your PX100s recently? It's been mentioned in a few threads that the newer batches in recent months(???) have a different driver and sound brighter and with less boomy bass.

Nov 16, 2005 at 6:32 AM Post #5 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
Not surprising. I think the KSC-75 can match just about any sub-$100 headphone, including the HD 497 or er-6i.

You think KSC-75>SR-80?
basshead.gif

Nov 16, 2005 at 6:35 AM Post #6 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire
You think KSC-75>SR-80?
basshead.gif

Sorry, haven't heard the SR-80 yet. I have heard my friend's SR-60 for quite an extended period of time, and I don't think it's a real improvement on a nicely amped and modded KSC-75. I doubt that the SR-80 would blow the KSC-75 out of the water, though.

Nov 16, 2005 at 7:22 AM Post #8 of 41
Enjoy!!! They are great cans. Modded, amped, recabled they are easily the best deal out there IMHO, and come scary close to the SR60 in many ways.

Garrett

Nov 16, 2005 at 7:50 AM Post #9 of 41
i had the portapros and the SR80.

They have similar sound signatures, but the SR80 just does everything much better. the details and the treble are just way clearer and airy with huge detail, the definition of sound is miles ahead of the portapros, the bass is much tighter, and not much less (the portapros seem more bassy coz they are boomier/looser bass).

Nov 16, 2005 at 8:20 AM Post #10 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick
i had the portapros and the SR80.

They have similar sound signatures, but the SR80 just does everything much better. the details and the treble are just way clearer and airy with huge detail, the definition of sound is miles ahead of the portapros, the bass is much tighter, and not much less (the portapros seem more bassy coz they are boomier/looser bass).

porta/ sporta pro sound COMPLETELY different than the KSC75. The latter is much clearer, more detailed, with added treble - midrange presnce IMHO.

Nov 16, 2005 at 9:33 AM Post #11 of 41
ofcourse you have to mod your ksc75 with the "Kramer mod", to truely make them sound good
wink.gif

Perhaps KOSS could make a v.2 of the ksc75 already modded, or even one that would look good, or even better a ksc75 HF-1
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 16, 2005 at 10:19 AM Post #12 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by technetium
ofcourse you have to mod your ksc75 with the "Kramer mod", to truely make them sound good
wink.gif

Perhaps KOSS could make a v.2 of the ksc75 already modded, or even one that would look good, or even better a ksc75 HF-1
very_evil_smiley.gif

LOL!!!

If only Koss was reading these threads (which I suspect, hoping they value end-user's opinions)!!!

We'd have heaven on earth for less than $100!

Nov 16, 2005 at 11:59 AM Post #13 of 41
The KSC75s have become my most important music source meanwhile. If I was "sentenced" to give away all my HPs and to keep only one (and if I did not look at money value), I'd propably give my big home cans away and keep these little portabel rockers. That is convinced Mid-Fi-ism, I guess.

Nov 16, 2005 at 2:20 PM Post #14 of 41
The new PX100 sound different than the old ones. (From what I've read here and senn tells us they are different too.) I like my KSC75s better too but that's because my PX100s sound way too dark and muffled with a treble roll of. Of course that was before I modded them with reversed senn pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back