My iPod is full...viator not happy
Jul 13, 2005 at 4:13 AM Post #17 of 24
Musical hallucinations? That's weird. I mean, music is always playing in my head and it does drive me nuts, but it's not like I'm "hallucinating". these people have real problems. Random songs I heard a long time ago do surface occasionally, but I can never understand what they are. Usually it's just musical phrases, and unfortunately they repeat in my head a lot or until I hear that song again.

Also what's really weird is that if I pause a song in the middle of hearing it, the song will repeat over and over in my head until I finish it. The phrase that I left off in the middle of will repeat over and over until I finish it. Must be a musician thing.

Jul 13, 2005 at 4:46 AM Post #18 of 24
If your iTunes music library is bigger than the contents of your iPod, it will offer to create a smart playlist to rotate in new music every time you dock.

See ya
Steve

Jul 13, 2005 at 1:44 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
I find Smartlists comes into it's own once your library exceeds the capacity of the player. It's time to get creative playlisting!!!

It looks like that's what I'll have to do. It won't be so bad once I get used to it, but it will never be as sweet as when all my tunes were on the Pod, automatically synced and updated.

Jul 13, 2005 at 3:05 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by viator122
It looks like that's what I'll have to do. It won't be so bad once I get used to it, but it will never be as sweet as when all my tunes were on the Pod, automatically synced and updated.

That's right, there are always moments were you just miss something. I guess it's the price for a) owning a nice selection and b) being unwilling to compromise sound on the go (my case, I just do not want to carry my stuff in 320AAC, it's a psychological matter).

Jul 13, 2005 at 4:14 PM Post #23 of 24
I would suggest starting with the KPOD smartplaylist

http://smartplaylists.com/comments.php?id=585_0_1_0_C

That should get you started if you can be bothered to begin gradually rating your music.

Fortunately, the ipod/itunes combination is one of the best at solving the music>space problem.

You can gradually clear out the songs you don't like by giving them a "1" rating and never let the ipod put them back on the player when you update.

Jul 13, 2005 at 4:45 PM Post #24 of 24
Yeah all my stuff is rated so I may give that KPOD a shot.

I've been using for a while now playlists like this:
Songs with playcount of 0. Listen to them all then make a playlist of songs with playcount of 1. This way as stuff gets added you have it in the "0" playlist and then it moves to the "1" playlist. After the "1" songs have been played, they're not on a playlist anymore. Then once the first two lists are almost empty, I create one called "2" and so on. This way I have lists of old music, new music and brand new music and this ensures that everything gets even play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back