My iPod classic refuses to sync :(
Nov 5, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieLitt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep. It skips songs at random times.This sucks because i don't have the cash to buy another ipod right now, and my warranty is up.

So don't buy an iPod then! Look into other options!

Nov 5, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #17 of 19
Try uninstalling and then reinstalling itunes.

Nov 5, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #18 of 19
When I had similar symptoms, restoring helped for a little while. After each restore, you have less and less storage and eventually you get to the point where nothing will play. I was able to limp along for a little while doing a restore every other day or so before the HD died completely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Mono /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So don't buy an iPod then! Look into other options!

The problem with this less than helpful advice is that the iPod does things that other players don't. For instance smart playlists, shuffle by album and gapless playback, all of which I use every day. Not to mention that half of my library is AAC only. Ignoring the problem of playing AAC, I don't know of any other player that offers the other 3 features and I've looked. Every time I've asked, no one can recommend one. Some idiots even say I shouldn't need those features because they don't.

Nov 6, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem with this less than helpful advice is that the iPod does things that other players don't. For instance smart playlists, shuffle by album and gapless playback, all of which I use every day. Not to mention that half of my library is AAC only. Ignoring the problem of playing AAC, I don't know of any other player that offers the other 3 features and I've looked. Every time I've asked, no one can recommend one. Some idiots even say I shouldn't need those features because they don't.

Well said. The Ipod is the industry standard if you want flexibility. No other dap can be integrated as easily in the car or home stereo as an ipod. Others may beat it a little on SQ but not enough to outweigh the features it has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back