My iPod classic refuses to sync :(
Nov 1, 2009 at 11:54 AM Post #6 of 19
IPC = iPod Classic,

Is the iPod recognized by iTunes on other computers? If so, it is an iTunes issue and not a problem with your classic. Also, if you are near an apple store, even if it is out of warranty, the Genius Bar tends to helpw for simple issues, and will tell you if the iPod is DOA (dead on arrival).

Nov 1, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #8 of 19
use mediamonkey and watch if that will work it does on my ipod

Nov 2, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #10 of 19
If it plays and you can drag and drop one item it seems like a software or settings issue...is the sync option clicked? Personally I like to manage my own stuff.

Nov 4, 2009 at 9:10 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieLitt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It doesn't auto-sync. I'm thinking the harddrive is messed up because it has problems with large amounts of files. Even tho it's 80 gigs.

Microsoft....................sorry

Nov 4, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #13 of 19
There are so many programs run just fine on Windows, why iTunes can? Because Apple sucks S! iTunes 9 doesn't install on my PC either. Also my iPod stopped running most of its apps just like that. I had to update most to be able to run them again. No MS has anything to do with that!

Nov 4, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #14 of 19
Well, he hasn't said iTunes is not running, so I doubt that's the problem.

It does sound like a hard drive failure, which is how 2 of my iPods died. The tracks that it has problems with, does it just skip to the next track? One of mine started doing that, first in the middle of a couple of tracks, and eventually at the beginning of almost every track.

The other symptom that both of mine had was the hard drive would spin for a long time. I could feel it holding it in my had and hear it when I put the iPod up to my ear. The controls wouldn't respond when the hard drive was spinning either.

Nov 5, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, he hasn't said iTunes is not running, so I doubt that's the problem.

It does sound like a hard drive failure, which is how 2 of my iPods died. The tracks that it has problems with, does it just skip to the next track? One of mine started doing that, first in the middle of a couple of tracks, and eventually at the beginning of almost every track.

The other symptom that both of mine had was the hard drive would spin for a long time. I could feel it holding it in my had and hear it when I put the iPod up to my ear. The controls wouldn't respond when the hard drive was spinning either.

Yep. It skips songs at random times.This sucks because i don't have the cash to buy another ipod right now, and my warranty is up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back