my inner ear vibrates!!
Feb 14, 2007 at 12:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

newgnr

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, so lately i've noticed that when listening w/my headphones on (even at below ave. volumes) I can feel like a vibration in my ear. It is obviously coming from the music, but i mean....i don't know what to say, the music isn't even loud! It kind of tickles and I have to take my headphones off to relieve the sensation.

And i KNOW it's not earwax or anything because I ALWAYS clean my ears and they are as clean as i can get them. I also know there is no defect w/the headphones because it happens when I wear other cans.

Any advice? This happen to anyone else? should I be concerned?

Feb 14, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #4 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is pretty weird. I've never really heard of that before. Sorry I can't help you persay. Maybe try to change sleeves on your IEMS? (Is that what you're using?)

i'm using headphones...sr60's/hd280's

Feb 14, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #7 of 21
Could be dry skin. If I clean my ears too often they dry out (earwax is actually beneficial to the skin in the canal), leading to itchy inner ears! I've experience they same symptoms you describe because of dry skin flakes vibrating around in there!

Feb 14, 2007 at 12:51 AM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbyers77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could be dry skin. If I clean my ears too often they dry out (earwax is actually beneficial to the skin in the canal), leading to itchy inner ears! I've experience they same symptoms you describe because of dry skin flakes vibrating around in there!

hmm, could be. but i clean my ears just as much as i have always done, and this "itching" has only started within the last 3 weeks or so.

Feb 14, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #9 of 21
try going to an audiologist; you might have a problem in your ears my friend. i hope you don't
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 14, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #10 of 21
It's probably a hair or wax.
I normally clean my ears with cotton swabs, but I've recently discovered that many times it makes the problem worse because some of the was or other debris get jammed back in there.

When doctors clean your ears, they do not use swabs, they use a special loop or other machinery if necessary. Swabs are fine for the outer ear, but don't bother with the inner ear!

Feb 14, 2007 at 5:47 AM Post #13 of 21
relax...it's not a problem, that happens if u have flakey dry earwax or a chunk of earwax near your eardrum that you can't reach. if you can hear fine and nothing hurts then your ears are fine. go see the doctor if you're still concerned and they can help find a way to clean it a bit.

Feb 14, 2007 at 7:29 AM Post #15 of 21
I had the same sensation with AKG K601. The mids were too strong for my ears. Grados are known to be bright, but I don't know about HD280. Try other headphones and see if the problem persists?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back