my inner ear vibrates!!
Feb 14, 2007 at 8:05 AM Post #16 of 21
i think i've had this a couple times... one time it happened over 2 days, got me really worried...

it's always turned out to be small piece of stray hair.

if it kinda sounds like water stuck in your ear, it may just be hair...
try having a friend look into your ear and see if they see anything, if not just head to a doc's...
this won't be much of a hobby for you anymore if things go sour...

Feb 14, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #17 of 21
ya, my hearing hasn't gone bad or anything, and nothing hurts. so i guess it probably is a hair or dry skin or something. thanks for the input guys.

Feb 14, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by newgnr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And i KNOW it's not earwax or anything because I ALWAYS clean my ears and they are as clean as i can get them. I also know there is no defect w/the headphones because it happens when I wear other cans.

What are you cleaning your ears with? Avoid any alcohol. Mineral Oil is the suggested product to clean your ears with. Could be hair or dry skin (ie alcohol would dry out your skin). Also, I highly doubt your inner ear is vibrating....it's embedded in your skull. Although your cochlea is converting vibrational energy into nerve impulses....but that's another matter. Other things that could cause ringing is your middle ear muscles. Make sure you do plenty of yawning!
biggrin.gif

Feb 14, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are you cleaning your ears with? Avoid any alcohol. Mineral Oil is the suggested product to clean your ears with. Could be hair or dry skin (ie alcohol would dry out your skin). Also, I highly doubt your inner ear is vibrating....it's embedded in your skull. Although your cochlea is converting vibrational energy into nerve impulses....but that's another matter. Other things that could cause ringing is your middle ear muscles. Make sure you do plenty of yawning!
biggrin.gif

no, i dont use any type of liquid. just q-tips. is it possible to grow a hair in less than a month (the amount of time i've noticed it). Also, i'm young, so i hope i'm not getting hair in my ears already!
blink.gif

Feb 14, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronmtorres /img/forum/go_quote.gif
try going to an audiologist; you might have a problem in your ears my friend. i hope you don't
smily_headphones1.gif

and while you're there you could get a ear mold for your custom IEMs...
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 14, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by newgnr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any advice? This happen to anyone else? should I be concerned?

It happens to me too, especially with sounds heavily panned towards left or right.
My ears can't stand the soundstage of most headphones...
The annoying sensation disappears, however, if I use crossfeed or dolby headphone.
That's why I like DH so much.
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't think you should be concerned in any way, but I would recommend you to try a little crossfeed to get rid of the annoyance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back