My Imod is with UK Customs. What'll happen next ..?
Aug 22, 2007 at 11:33 AM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by subfocus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They will contact you to debate the pros/cons of using lossless files and ask how they can connect it to their canteen rig.

Priceless.
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2007 at 11:45 AM Post #18 of 25
They are probably trying to work out how much duty & tax to apply, rather than checking the hard drive. They may not charge anything, but if they do, watch out for the carrier slapping on a handling charge. I got a watch from Japan a while ago, customs wanted 22 quid, and royal mail slapped on 20 quid for collecting it on their behalf !!

Aug 23, 2007 at 5:55 AM Post #19 of 25
I got this message from USPS for the delivery of my Imod

Attempted Delivery Abroad, August 23, 2007, 2:13 am, GREAT BRITAIN

May be someone is trying to burgle my house.

Aug 23, 2007 at 7:08 AM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by chukwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wow - that is a strange time of the night to deliver, i got that message but the time was 10 something, they simply re-delivered the next day...but i hope for your sake that is the website getting the time conversion wrong, i love my imod and all that, but would be peeved if had to get up and sign for it @ that ungodly hour

Aug 23, 2007 at 7:29 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by chukwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Erm ... think that the time is probably local time in US so about mid morning UK time - sounds more reasonable!

My iMod arrived yesterday with the silver dock cable from Ken after a week of transit. No import duty to pay and it sounds as sweet as pie!

Aug 23, 2007 at 1:40 PM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Boatman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should also be able to track the item at parcelforce using the same number.

Thanks Boatman, I was enable to view it on parcelforce website. It's been held with charges according to the website.

What shall I do? Go to the depot and pay? Or wait for delivery possibly tomorrow?

Aug 24, 2007 at 7:21 PM Post #25 of 25
You will get a letter from Parcelforce with a reference number on it (not the same as the tracking number), asking for money. Ring the number on the letter and quote the reference, and pay by card over the phone. The parcel will arrive the next day.

If the letter doesn't turn up, ring Parcelforce. They won't be able to do anything without the number on the letter, but should give you the number of your local depot, who should be able to take your money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back