My Imod is with UK Customs. What'll happen next ..?
Aug 21, 2007 at 3:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

chukwe

100+ Head-Fier
I just checked the USPS website and the information says my Imod is with the UK customs services for over 24hrs now.

What will next to it? Can they seize/confusicate it?

Thanks

Aug 21, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #2 of 25
They can do anything they want to with it! But, more than likely they won't do anything...they see Ipods all the time, and with your iMod, they wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Give it a few days...

Aug 21, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #3 of 25
Remember that iPods hold up to 80GB of any type of data. I would think that iPods shipped by individuals between US & UK may well be subject to forensic analysis by MI6 et al... May not be the case for you, but if they really want to worry about how terrorists may attempt to communicate with one another undetected, they have to worry about things like this...

Good luck...

Aug 21, 2007 at 4:16 PM Post #5 of 25
i wouldnt worry about it, i just got my imod from vinnie about a week ago or less, it says on my ups tracking sheet, it was with customs for approx 2 hours, just going through the process, i received it all fine and i am in the uk too.

perhaps they are so blown away with the SQ they are having a wee listen eh! :wink:

they cant confiscate it, as it doesnt breach any of our customs and excise laws, just a modified audio player!!

Aug 21, 2007 at 5:30 PM Post #7 of 25
They will keep it 'cause it sounds good.
biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #8 of 25
Customs are funny. I've had DVDs come straight away but once they checked out one DVD and put it in new packaging, having kept it for a week :/ My Tomahawk was also kept by them for 3 weeks once it reached these shores. No idea why

btw I would have a wallet on you for when the postie does come
wink.gif

Aug 21, 2007 at 5:56 PM Post #9 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarinthegourd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Remember that iPods hold up to 80GB of any type of data. I would think that iPods shipped by individuals between US & UK may well be subject to forensic analysis by MI6 et al... May not be the case for you, but if they really want to worry about how terrorists may attempt to communicate with one another undetected, they have to worry about things like this...

Lol, it depends on your last name then I guess. Smith? No problem, they won't even bother to open. Muhammad Abu Syaif? They'll send the iMod to Guantanamo Bay to interrogate and if you are lucky you'll get it in a year or so, that is if you don't get arrested yourself.
biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #10 of 25
I think ALOAudio should use FedEx. When I bought my Tomahawk, E530 & Triple.fi; FedEx was used and they all arrived within 3 working days. But my Imod has been on transit for 5 working days and still counting

Aug 21, 2007 at 6:24 PM Post #11 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Customs are funny. I've had DVDs come straight away but once they checked out one DVD and put it in new packaging, having kept it for a week :/ My Tomahawk was also kept by them for 3 weeks once it reached these shores. No idea why

btw I would have a wallet on you for when the postie does come
wink.gif

You're lucky they kept your Tomahawk only for 3 weeks. Had they kept it for 800 hours to burn in they would have relieved you of the tedious wait
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 21, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by chukwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think ALOAudio should use FedEx. When I bought my Tomahawk, E530 & Triple.fi; FedEx was used and they all arrived within 3 working days. But my Imod has been on transit for 5 working days and still counting

Well if you ask for it, they can all use a different carrier. USPS (and then Royal Mail) is just a lot cheaper

Aug 21, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well if you ask for it, they can all use a different carrier. USPS (and then Royal Mail) is just a lot cheaper

This is my first experience with USPS. Next time I'll ask for FedEx.

Next Question! If I leave my Tomahawk turned on without playing music, does it count as burning time?

Aug 21, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Next Question! If I leave my Tomahawk turned on without playing music, does it count as burning time?

No, I think it needs something running through it. And connected to some phones, I would imagine.

Aug 22, 2007 at 11:32 AM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

and regarding your soon to be aquired imod, to burn that in to the 200hrs plus, i have connected it to the mains, connected it to my amp, connected my headphones, repeat shuffled my database, but turned the amp off, so the player is getting burned in only. but if your amp has a mains too, you could kill two birds with one stone, maybe three if your headphones arent iems
etysmile.gif

i am only at about 80 hrs imod burn in at the, mo and noticed a more open, wider soundfield, and more clarity after about 60hrs

heres to you getting it back from lovely ol customs asap!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back