My "I GET IT!!!" moment.
Feb 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

radiojam

Head-Fier
Finally, I get it.  No, not the Tony Soprano "I GET IT!!!" moment (for all you Sopranos fans). But it's close.

After years of upper-entry level toying around and "this headphone stuff is pretty cool" I finally decided to trade my tax rebate for a mid-fi setup namely the HD 650 and Nuforce Icon HD dac/amp. I'd been enjoying it for several days, but didn't quite reach the "I GET IT!!!" point until mid-way through a Jonas Kaufmann aria and every hair on my body stood edgewise and I finally realized the point of all this equipment is to make itself disappear.

I am home.  I get it.

Feb 14, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Finally, I get it.  No, not the Tony Soprano "I GET IT!!!" moment (for all you Sopranos fans). But it's close.

After years of upper-entry level toying around and "this headphone stuff is pretty cool" I finally decided to trade my tax rebate for a mid-fi setup namely the HD 650 and Nuforce Icon HD dac/amp. I'd been enjoying it for several days, but didn't quite reach the "I GET IT!!!" point until mid-way through a Jonas Kaufmann aria and every hair on my body stood edgewise and I finally realized the point of all this equipment is to make itself disappear.

I am home.  I get it.

Congrats! The HD650s tend to do that.

Feb 14, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
I am home.  I get it.

you may end up doing several more renovations in that "home"
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back