My home setup pics inside (not 56k friendly)
Mar 25, 2007 at 7:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

gritzcolin

500+ Head-Fier
Some more fresh pics.... My Tuner Turntable and Akai Reel to Reel/8track

I need a new desk so I can keep everything tight and neat as of now its a giant cluster.

This is.........i need to clean my monitor! Hd 555's and 580's

My Beloved Sansui AU-717...I need to dust

My Polk Audio LSi7's mmmmmmm. there's two of them but due to imaging demands they arent close together.

Mar 25, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #2 of 25
Pretty sweet set up you got there. I agree, you need a bigger desk

Mar 25, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #3 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by gritzcolin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is.........i need to clean my monitor!

I would skip the cleaning and just drop it in the nearest dumpster
tongue.gif

Mar 25, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #5 of 25
I want a corner desk without shelves. Then stacking my amp with its matching tuner would make them happy once again.

Yeah my room is huge so that isnt an issue i just have old clunky furniture cause if I bought new desks and crap i cant afford speakers and headphones.

Mar 25, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #6 of 25
dang thats one BEASTLY looking receiver!! They dont make consumer-fi gear like that anymore
frown.gif
frown.gif
I used to go to Macy's electronics department, Federated Group and good Guys and see stuff like that all the time.

Mar 25, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #8 of 25
Thanks, Sansui Integrated Amps were second to none. Mine is one of the top rated of all time, only ones rated better are the AU-919 and AU-X1 although those were less common unless you lived in Japan and are found more expensive on ebay I saw an X1 going for $1200. whereas mine sells for the $150-$300 range depending on condition and if the handles are there. I really want to hear someones home Headphone amp someday cause the Phones out on this thing are amazing. 85WPC and 0.025 THD http://www.sansui.us/AU-717.htm
I have the matching Tuner you can see the edge of it in the pics, and I noticed the TU-X1 tuner review in the source reviews. My Tuner is pretty close sonically, it just doesn't have the dual tuners and the whizbang pop and doodles.

LOL, LCD is inferior to my Tube technology!!!!!1!!!ONE!

Mar 25, 2007 at 8:08 PM Post #9 of 25
Quote:

I want a corner desk without shelves. Then stacking my amp with its matching tuner would make them happy once again

The kind of arrangement I'd like to have
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Yeah my room is huge so that isnt an issue i just have old clunky furniture cause if I bought new desks and crap i cant afford speakers and headphones.

Why not a rack?
wink.gif
That should work well too

Mar 25, 2007 at 8:12 PM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not a rack?
wink.gif
That should work well too

I am looking at those but I dont trust them this Amp is 45lbs and them flimsy shelves don't look too safe.

Mar 25, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #11 of 25
Quote:

I am looking at those but I dont trust them this Amp is 45lbs and them flimsy shelves don't look too safe.

Heh. The problems us vintage-audio guys have with storing equipment. Though I think proper audio gear racks should do quite well, since there are new amps that are as heavy as the older gear.

Mar 25, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #13 of 25
Meh not worth the money to me until my crt dies. I really want a good cd player /sacd player and a Nakamichi Tape Deck preferably the Dragon Series.

Mar 25, 2007 at 10:19 PM Post #14 of 25
Nice set-up indeed! The Sansui brings back great memories of looking at stereo stuff in Japan in the mid 60s. Most of us thought the black with white lettering was pretty sharp, but also agreed that it probably wouldn't last. After all; where was the oiled walnut?!!

Mar 25, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice set-up indeed! The Sansui brings back great memories of looking at stereo stuff in Japan in the mid 60s. Most of us thought the black with white lettering was pretty sharp, but also agreed that it probably wouldn't last. After all; where was the oiled walnut?!!

Hahaha. My dad aquired the Sansui gear in Europe in the late 70's. Apparently Sansui still makes decent gear it's just not available stateside. Anything here with Sansui is a relabeled Orion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back