My headphones gave me toothache.
Jan 26, 2010 at 1:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Neet

Head-Fier
They are way too tight (650s) and screwed my jaw up and now my tooth.

Jan 26, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #2 of 21
My HD600s did that too but after a couple of months they were comfortable to wear
biggrin.gif

Jan 26, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #5 of 21
Did you say something about it's mama?
Try also sticking some books between them overnight to stretch them a bit.

Jan 26, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #6 of 21
Thanks I bent the metal parts and it helped a lot but I'll have to wait until the pain in my tooth/jaw disappears to tell if it worked because right now it's absolutely wrecking

Jan 27, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #8 of 21
Wow, and I thought Grados were supposed to be uncomfortable.

Jan 27, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtPepper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, and I thought Grados were supposed to be uncomfortable.

i fall asleep with my grados on.

Jan 27, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #10 of 21
I ended up selling my HD580 because no matter how much I stretched it out, it would eventually spring back and cause pain. For me, it was behind my ear, not my jaw, but it's the same cause. They just clamp too hard.

Grados just crush your ears. For me, it's a more immediate pain which gets them off my ears after a minute or two.

Jan 27, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #11 of 21
Omg! I wouldn't have thought any company was stupid enough too naje headphone THAT uncomfortable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cck5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i fall asleep with my grados on.

Falling asleep while listening to music is fricking AWESOME!!

Jan 27, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by paldepind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Omg! I wouldn't have thought any company was stupid enough too naje headphone THAT uncomfortable.

The problem is they're not uncomfortable for everyone. There are many people on head-fi who own HD580, HD600, and HD650 with no problems at all with pain. Just depends on the shape of your head.

Jan 27, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are way too tight (650s) and screwed my jaw up and now my tooth.

stop trying to eat it

Jan 27, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #14 of 21
OP, are you sure you don't have a severe case of TMJ? If this is the case then you should probably move away from headphones altogether or go for smaller supraaural headphones (so that they rest on the ear instead)/IEM's/circumaural headphones that clamp VERY lightly.

I have a mild case of TMJ and the 650's were a big pain for me to wear at first as well. But after wearing them over time and also periodically doing the stretch of the metal band, I personally don't have any problems as long as I keep the listening session within 2-3 hours (I can't ever see myself listening for longer than that anyway).

Jan 27, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #15 of 21
I just received mine and they are tight. I was surprised. I slightly bent the metal parts but then I did notice something. Make sure you have them on the right way. When they are backward (which is easy to do) they are tight.

I have a pair of 580's which are loose and very comfortable, so these should loosen up (and I will put them on the right way).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back