My headphone amp design
Nov 9, 2004 at 9:50 AM Post #35 of 51
spent a few hours trying to turn the tpa around and it just didnt work in the current layout at all, power wires going everywhere and looked like somthing autoroute would do and if i was to go that way i would need to widen the board more and then i couldnt get 3 to a pannel from my pcb maker and i didnt like the whole thing

so, here's a little moving around and getting the output's away from the pins
dtpakiller4.png

Nov 30, 2004 at 2:29 AM Post #36 of 51
delivery man came today with a package...
dtpatop.jpg

dtpabottom.jpg

mouser has alot on backorder that im waiting on to be shipped, so i cant build one up yet

Nov 30, 2004 at 3:29 AM Post #38 of 51
nice looking board killer! any local source for some of the parts? im thinking farnell or rs, they *should* have some of those different sizes. if i have to order from mouser you may have to wait until februarywhen i get back to oz for test reports :s

Dec 22, 2004 at 1:56 AM Post #39 of 51
Finally got my parts in, been spending all morning soldering one up

Go to power it on and check dc offset about 7mV and 5mV each but then I check the power rails, +12.58 where it should be but -6.3v on the negative....

Looking over the board there were no shorts but a lot of flux mess on it so I gave it a scrub up and refluxed the resistors on the negative rail to make sure they were good

Power up again and still no go, and then it hit me....
The Tantalum caps were polarized and I just put the + end to the adj pin and other to ground, but the negative rail is the other way round. So I ripped that out and try again and it works!!!!

Initial impressions of the sound - bass slam, this thing has plenty of power behind it and it had far more bass control than my meta42 I use with my Beyer dt531's

Pics to come soon then I got to get working on the case to put it in

Dec 22, 2004 at 3:02 AM Post #42 of 51
woah dude sorry i completely forgot about your board! i will pm you when i get back from o/s

Jan 10, 2005 at 8:41 AM Post #44 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by peranders
Dakiller, have listened and measured your TPA6120 amp yet? The pcb looks good.
http://forums.overclockers.com.au/sh...3&page=1&pp=15

i've listened but not measured, i dont think i got the gear here to measure it to its full potental, i only got either nforce onboard sound, a chaintech av710 and a usbdac from guzzler

playing around with RMAA, i didnt get far enough to get it to work but i'll have another go at it

(and how did you stumble across that ocau forums post?)

Jan 10, 2005 at 1:40 PM Post #45 of 51
Yeah i'm interested in that myself considering your from sweeden.

DaKi][er what DC offset did you get in the end after it all worked?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back