My HD-DVD thoughts
Feb 26, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #31 of 32
No stake, just a decision to use it in the Xbox

Feb 26, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #32 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tgun5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No stake, just a decision to use it in the Xbox

Not quite ::in:: the Xbox--its an optional add-on external drive.
smily_headphones1.gif

Gad, I agree 100% with viewing films in their original aspect ratio. Also, I passionately hate curved geometry screens.

My emphasis for the best sound reproduction has always been my audio-only two-channel setup. I really don't have the bucks to invest in super-incredible-home-theater-sound though. I'll settle for a sufficiently jaw dropping home theater surround sound experience.

I think I posted previously, somewhere on head-fi, that last December I came thisclose to pulling the trigger on either a BRD or a HD.

I bought an Xbox instead.
tongue.gif

I was a DVD early adopter about 12 years ago--but then the choice was between DVD and DIVX (Was that the name? Wasn't that tied to Circuit City?) Not really a difficult decision.

Now, the choice between BRD and BD is a no-brainer. However, I'm still going to wait a bit. I have enough games to tide me over, for now.
redface.gif

I'm also a former betamax/super-betamax owner Back in December, 1984, when I worked at Pacific Stereo, I won a sales award. The prize: a Sony CDP-102! I wisely traded it in for a Sony betamax (forgot which one). Never regretted it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back