MY HD 497s EXPLODED!!!
Apr 6, 2005 at 8:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Spitzfiya

Head-Fier
I feel so depressed...

The cable on my HD 497s shredded near the base of the left headphone connector. I noticed the wire was exposed and narled for a while, but never got around to fixing it. I was rocking out to some 40 Below Summer and the remote from my cd player was flying about because i was dancing and it caused to much strain on the base of the connector. The strain from my presistant and violent headbanging snapped one of the wires on the left side. It was a tragic end to the best sound i've ever heard in my life...the music stopped on one side and i started to cry.

I LOVED MY HD 497s!!! *sob*

Now where the hell would I get a replacement HD497 headphone cable?

-I don't have a credit card
-I don't have a pay pal account
-I don't know how Sennheiser's Individual part replacement RMA process works
-I don't know how any RMA process works
-I live in Canada!!!
-I'm dumb about these things
smily_headphones1.gif

-I want a replacement now before I die....

So yeah hook me up, I want the easiest way to get a replacement straight from Sennheiser...I'm not gunna buy cables from anyone here.

Do I like phone Sennheiser and get them to send me cables or something...
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

help

Apr 6, 2005 at 9:29 AM Post #3 of 9
I see that you don't have a credit card, but were the phones purchased on a credit card? If so, the cc might have a purchase protection policy (although it probably would not cover damage while rockin' out, but you never know
evil_smiley.gif
).

Apr 6, 2005 at 10:48 AM Post #5 of 9
I'm really sorry that happened... the HD497s are great 'phones :-/

I'd give Sennheiser a call and see if they have replacement cables.

Apr 6, 2005 at 11:21 AM Post #6 of 9
Sennheiser should have the cables you need, for a nice price (considering a replacement HD650 cable goes for 35$, but an adaptor for the 650 cables to be used with other Sennheiser cans would rule, imagine: Equinox/Cardas/Moon Audio/Zu Mobius on HD497's!!!). A search of their site should clarify everything, or I can do it and link it if you like.
Late,
Abe

Apr 6, 2005 at 11:31 AM Post #7 of 9
Hey, that's not an explosion.

Well you have three options:

1. Contact Sennheiser and have them fix it.
2. Contact Head-fi modders like Xanadu777 (Headphile.com) and have him upgrade your cable.
3. Use this an excuse to upgrade to a new pair of headphones.

biggrin.gif

-Ed

Apr 6, 2005 at 12:00 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
2. Contact Head-fi modders like Xanadu777 (Headphile.com) and have him upgrade your cable.
3. Use this an excuse to upgrade to a new pair of headphones.

That's sooooooooo Head-Fi.
And we like it
biggrin.gif

-Taurui

Apr 6, 2005 at 1:58 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by kin0kin
I thought I could read some story about headphone literaly exploded....

rip open the headphone, tkae out your soldering iron and fix it yourself
smily_headphones1.gif

Who needs a soldering iron. In true ghetto fashion, simply use a sharp knife to trim a little of the covering from both ends of the busted cable (careful not to cut the wire underneath, you can also use your teeth, the tiny gaps between your teeth act as wonderful wire strippers in a pinch, depending on your mouth, you can support all manner of gauges as well
icon10.gif
). Twist the two ends of the exposed wire together and tape that over with electrical tape. Voila! No special parts needed (aside from the electrical tape, and even then something like duct tape would do). Even if you do get the cable replaced, this should at least hold you until your replacement arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back