My GR07's cable is turning green!
Mar 23, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #31 of 34

Mine are quite green 4 years later 
eek.gif

WHAT THE... haha my pair of vsonic vsd3 are silver plated and i have a small perforation on the top rubber sleeve material on the right line(before y splitter). It's starting to go green. Maybe i should patch that up with some electrical tape, eh?

Feb 10, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #32 of 34
Something I noticed about my pair is that the nozzle filter is collecting(growing?) a lot of green buildup....not sure what it is. It's also on the side of the nozzles around the bump for retention of the tips.
Any ideas/solutions? It's not earwax - earwax isn't green and there's no earwax when I put them away.

Aug 24, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #33 of 34
Heya'll
I just bought a GR07 after having the GR04 Flagship version several years ago.  That one lasted a good while but it died in one ear bud; tried to resolder it, but having no soldering experience at all, this didn't pan out.  So anyway, after a hard drive of mine failed, that had all my music, I managed to find my my old friend who had 90% of the same stuff and copied it back.  Thus, I ended up buying a new set, as I had always wanted to try the 07 but couldn't afford it then.  

Anyhoo, the point of this diatribe is this...
I got a set from Ebay but the cable is different looking from any version I can find using Google images.
I was trying to figure out which version of the GR07 it was as the seller didn't provide any info.  
I came to the understanding that some of the wires might have oxidized.  It is now RED/GREEN.  I am thinking this is the Bass Edition with the wiring starting out as RED/WHITE.  

So my ACTUAL question is...does this affect the sound in any way?  I got them for a great deal, so had to pull the trigger quick, but am not sure if it was a informed enough decision.  I don't think I am inclined to re-cable them if it is spoiled...Tried looking at different threads but haven't found anything definitive.
Any help or hypothesis would be much appreciated!

Pics:

Okay can't post pics yet.

I think it looks cool.  Like those old candy canes (which taste terrible).
muchas thankas

Aug 26, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #34 of 34
So I found out that it is oxidation, but that does't really affect the sound.  Technically it IS Rusting/Corrosion, but at such a small level (molecular!), that it wouldn't even be perceptible to canines...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back