My first published headphone review!
Apr 17, 2008 at 9:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Sherwood

Headphoneus Supremus
So, as the title says, I just finally got my first paying writing job. I'm not a writer, so it's hardly my first job, but I've always enjoyed doing it and all of my professional career has indirectly involved a good deal of writing.

But the reason you care is that I get to write about headphones.

I've got my first review up here (SonicFlare -- Sports Cars For Your Living Room)

I would definitely appreciate if you headfellows could give it a read and leave me some comments, preferably on the site itself to overinflate my burgeoning readership numbers.

Thanks all of y'all. I couldn't have done it without you.

Apr 17, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #3 of 21
Thanks gmoffatt. My fragile ego rejoices in your praise
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 17, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #4 of 21
Just started reading and theres a mistake in the paragraph:

Pedigree

The AKG K518dj’s are a reissue of a popular previous model, the K8dj’s. There are no real sonic differences, but one major cosmetic change: The gloss black portion on the earcups of the above headphones are silver on the K81dj. If you prefer one or the other, many retailers still have the now-discontinued silver K81DJ in stock.

Missed the 1. You're also inconsistent in your capitalisation of DJ.

Apr 17, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimless1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
since i really don't have anything nice to say, i'll pass.

Very tactful of you

Apr 18, 2008 at 12:57 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimless1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
since i really don't have anything nice to say, i'll pass.

what a jerky thing to post.
confused.gif

how about not posting at all then.

Apr 18, 2008 at 1:13 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would definitely appreciate if you headfellows could give it a read and leave me some comments, preferably on the site itself to overinflate my burgeoning readership numbers.

I enjoy Sherwood's posts and his point of view. vcoheda has a point, but the OP invited comments. I don't think the OP is well served if all posts are positive and glowing. Rather than dissect his review, I simply wanted to express that it didn't work for me without going negative. And I won't do so now. Sorry Sherwood, not trying to rain on your parade. Would have been easier to say nothing. Oddly, not trying to be a jerk ... but I can see where it would look that way.

Good luck Sherwood!

Apr 18, 2008 at 1:07 PM Post #13 of 21
True true, I have to thicken my skin sooner or later if I expect to continue presenting articles to the general public. There's lots of misinformation and personal bias, even here on head-fi, and it's my goal to present fair analysis until they start bribing me. The better my articles are, the better I do what I'm aiming at.
Aimless, if you do have any dissection for me, please feel free to PM it without risk of being (or being called) a jerk.

Thanks to all the rest of you, as well. Especially you, Pangaea, who I already know and love
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 18, 2008 at 1:21 PM Post #14 of 21
Congrats on getting something published. A good read.
wink.gif

Apr 18, 2008 at 1:42 PM Post #15 of 21
Nice read. Glad you posted this. It's nice to see a headphone review done right on the web. I thought you could've described the bass a bit more but I'm guessing between the word count and your intented audience you had already debated that point yourself to excess.

edit: I gave your a kudos on the site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back