My first pair of IEM
Oct 30, 2018 at 11:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

oceancorps

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm a new member of this forum and I'm struggling with the choice of my first pair of IEM (if you exclude the 6€ sony in-ear that I buy almost every year after costantly breaking them/losing the foam tips).

Let's start with what I'm looking for to find in my new IEM:

-Neutral sound (as I understand it's the best choice for people that don't listen to any particular genre, correct me if I'm wrong)
-Remote with start/skip and volume buttons
-Mic (I can eventually pass on that but I see that is almost everytime included with the remote)
-Portability: I will use them while walking to/from the university (1h walk in total, with my Huawei P9 lite) and at the university library (with my Asus laptop).
-No leakage
-Wired (I understand that for the same price you get a better quality compared to BT models)

The budget is around 70€ (if you want you can post more expensive models and I'll see if i can find them at the right price on Amazon Warehouse deals/Ebay)

Just searching by price, I already found some models:

Beyerdynamic Byron (I can spend a little more if there's something better)
Beyerdynamic MMX 101 iE
Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear G
Shure SE215 (a little bit over my budget, even in the used market)
1more triple driver (found them at 64€)
Meze 12 classics
FiiO FH1
Marshall EQ Mode
RHA MA750i (a little bit over my budget, even in the used market)
SoundMAGIC E10 C-SVBK
Tin Audio T2
HiFiMAN RE-400a
Do you suggest one of these in particular or there is something better in the same price range?

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #2 of 14
I own the MA750 and have listened to Shure's because a friend owns one. When I compared the two I preferred the 750's because better, tighter bass. Also I think my friend has to order a new cable every couple of months because they break.

To be fair my 750's stopped working once but you get 2 year warranty but they have great warranty and got a new pair within a week. Customer service was really fast and friendly so no complaints there.

Oct 30, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #3 of 14
I own the MA750 and have listened to Shure's because a friend owns one. When I compared the two I preferred the 750's because better, tighter bass. Also I think my friend has to order a new cable every couple of months because they break.

To be fair my 750's stopped working once but you get 2 year warranty but they have great warranty and got a new pair within a week. Customer service was really fast and friendly so no complaints there.
RHA MA 750i is just a little over my budget; any thoughts about other models?

Oct 30, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #4 of 14
Hi Oceancorps,

I suggest three totally different IEMs in no particular order :

iBasso IT 01 (Likely out of budget but worth looking into for sound & exceptional iBasso customer service)
Shozy Hibiki M1 / M2
Kinera Seed Yin

Hope you have a great day !

Oct 31, 2018 at 1:43 AM Post #5 of 14
1more triple driver (found them at 64€)
This is a good choice definitely with the volume control and mic that are usable on both Android and iOS.

M2-IEG is another good choice. Both Triple Driver and M2-IEG comes with 2 years of warranty but personally I think Sennheiser after sales service is better. 1More always reject customers' RMA with funny reason in Singapore.

Oct 31, 2018 at 6:10 AM Post #6 of 14
RHA MA 750i is just a little over my budget; any thoughts about other models?

Sorry I have not heard the other models you listed. It's hard to find iems when auditioning a couple in a certain price range is impossible to do. Best move would probably just look around these (and other) forums and browse through threads of individual iems you are considering. All reviews and impressions are very personal so take them with a grain of salt though.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #7 of 14
Hi Oceancorps,

I suggest three totally different IEMs in no particular order :

iBasso IT 01 (Likely out of budget but worth looking into for sound & exceptional iBasso customer service) as you said, out of my budget
Shozy Hibiki M1 / M2 can't find it on ebay/amazon with shipping to Italy
Kinera Seed Yin can't find it on ebay/amazon with shipping to Italy

Answers in bold

Oct 31, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #10 of 14
Hi @oceancorps,

In your list, I only have the 215 SE & 12 Classics, once again, all these are different IEMs.

All following impressions are subjective & personal...

215 SE are good basic reference sound with accurate bass response
12 Classics are smooth & warm with nice overall body with better accurate bass response
Shozy Hibiki M1 leans towards 12 Classics but less warm & a little fuller body in the mids
M2 leans towards a strange combination of Hibiki M1 & 215 SE
Kinera Seed Yin is similar to a blend of 12 Classics & Hibiki M1 but more mid to high focused without being faitiguing.

Hope this makes sense.

Oct 31, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #11 of 14
Hi @oceancorps,

In your list, I only have the 215 SE & 12 Classics, once again, all these are different IEMs.

All following impressions are subjective & personal...

215 SE are good basic reference sound with accurate bass response
12 Classics are smooth & warm with nice overall body with better accurate bass response
Shozy Hibiki M1 leans towards 12 Classics but less warm & a little fuller body in the mids
M2 leans towards a strange combination of Hibiki M1 & 215 SE
Kinera Seed Yin is similar to a blend of 12 Classics & Hibiki M1 but more mid to high focused without being faitiguing.

Hope this makes sense.

Thank you.

I'll wait for other comments giving the fact that I would like to order from ebay/amazon

Nov 1, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #13 of 14
In the end I have decided to give up on the remote and mic; I think my choice will be between Tin Audio T2 and Tin Audio T2 Pro.
The price difference is not a problem, but some reviews scared me because of the enhanced treble on the Pro (understand the fact that I don't even know if I like or hate that). I read that it can be controlled with foam tips, but I don't think I'll ever buy and use tips other than the ones included. What do you guys suggest? Do you think that the Pros are better?

Nov 2, 2018 at 1:25 AM Post #14 of 14
To be honest I totally lose confidence with Chi-Fi IEM. The build quality is sub-par and sound quality is off. This is my personal opinion. I am selling of my KZ today and stay forever with my precious IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back