My first open-air headphone - $400 or less - thoughts on these options
Feb 9, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #31 of 33
Thanks for the great info! I will look into all of these.

A few questions:

1). I got the Micca Origen for my desk DAC, and I was thinking of getting the Oppo HA-2 for my "home + travel" DAC and headphone amp. Basically the thought being I'll use it on my couch when listening to open-back headphones, then take w/ me on planes for my closed-back pair. Do you think the Oppo will match up just fine w/ the 650s?

2). What brand/suggestions for replacement cables would you recommend?

Don't buy into the cable thing. It is a con.

It is a placebo. And the person won't know better. He will end up misguiding you despite his good intentions.

I'd suggest buy the Sonarworks VST plugin instead. It also has a 21 day free trial.

Feb 9, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #33 of 33
  Update -- I have an American Express card, and happened to be combing through my AMEX Rewards section. They carry Sennheiser products, so I can actually get for "free" the 600 or 650. I think it makes more sense to get that and spend out of pocket for other stuff I may want (e.g. start looking for decent closed back or something).

I'm going to start reading about 600 vs 650 and see what I think I might prefer. I have a feeling it will be 650 based on what I've read so far, but we shall see...

Or you can take the Senns , sell it, put the money ypu already have and buy something even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back