My first MP3 player, Sansa Clip 2GB
Nov 25, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by planetluvver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I paid $49.99 for it, so I think I did okay.
What do you think about my purchase?

I would take it back and get the 4gb for 35$ on Black Friday from bestbuy.

Nov 28, 2008 at 5:21 AM Post #18 of 27
Thanks everyone for your input.

I rode the bus with my Sansa on Wednesday, and I really enjoyed it at first. But on my ride home, I could not get my earbuds to work right. (I didn't have the Sansa phones with me.)

I looked over all of the Black Friday ads today. Hope I find one in stock!
I was off-line for the last several days, and I see that BestBuy online has sold out of a lot of Sansa sale models [POUT]. I am not sure if I will stick with the Clip, or buy the Fuze.

My headphones are not working well for me. They are earbud style, and I think they are just too big for my ears. I am thinking of trying the Jbuds, after seeing the review here.

One problem I am having is that the player does not list the FLAC files that I transferred to it. I was not intending on listening to FLAC on this player, but it would be nice to be able to play them anyway, to avoid needing to mess around with compressing. I hadn't realized that they were FLAC until I came home, and plugged my clip into my PC.

I think I have a bit of a learning curve to overcome.

Nov 28, 2008 at 9:10 AM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

One problem I am having is that the player does not list the FLAC files that I transferred to it. I was not intending on listening to FLAC on this player, but it would be nice to be able to play them anyway, to avoid needing to mess around with compressing. I hadn't realized that they were FLAC until I came home, and plugged my clip into my PC.

I think I have a bit of a learning curve to overcome.

Sounds like you need to update your firmware.

Here's a link to the download page for the firmware updater. It's a pretty simple, painless procedure.

Nov 28, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #21 of 27
Did a bit of shopping before sun-up:

I bought the Sansa Fuze 8G at Toys R Us for $64.99. (And, I bought a second one, just in case I wanted to give one to someone as a gift.)

I then went over to Circuit City and bought the Sennheiser PMX 70 headphones for $24.99. I wasn't planning on getting these, but then again, I wasn't planning on finding my player at the first store I stopped at. (I bought a pair of Skullcandy $9.99 cheapies, but they are being returned unopened.) I am also planning on buying the Jbuds from Amazon, but I wanted something to listen to meanwhile.

Nov 29, 2008 at 4:40 AM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Did a bit of shopping before sun-up:

I bought the Sansa Fuze 8G at Toys R Us for $64.99. (And, I bought a second one, just in case I wanted to give one to someone as a gift.)

I was tempted by this deal, as well - but I have too many DAP's already! Must..stop...the..madness....

Glad to hear to got yourself a Black Friday deal.

Nov 29, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #23 of 27
How good a deal was this? I am feeling a bit guilty, because this player was twice the price of some of the other Sansa models. I Also ordered two players online from Best Buy, as insurance, in case I couldn't get one of the Black Friday deals.

The Clip is so cute though, at half the size. I might decide that I need a Clip also.

I am not even going to even ask the question on this forum of whether I am silly to buy a Clip AND a Fuze. The answer is likely to be that I NEED $200 phones!

Nov 29, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

How good a deal was this? I am feeling a bit guilty, because this player was twice the price of some of the other Sansa models. I Also ordered two players online from Best Buy, as insurance, in case I couldn't get one of the Black Friday deals.

$70 for a 8GB Fuze is a very good deal, right now. I believe it was ~$99, a week ago. Keep in mind that it has four times the space of your Clip, does video, and has an expansion slot.

Nov 29, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by roebeet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$70 for a 8GB Fuze is a very good deal, right now. I believe it was ~$99, a week ago. Keep in mind that it has four times the space of your Clip, does video, and has an expansion slot.

yeah, but it is bigger.

I like the clip because it is so small and so big in sound.

Nov 29, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #26 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, but it is bigger.

I like the clip because it is so small and so big in sound.

Agreed - it really depends on what your needs are. I own a 2GB Clip, for the same reasons you mentioned.

Dec 2, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #27 of 27
Actually, I really do like the clip. It is so handy. But I know that the 2G memory would soon be a frustration to me. I expect that I will buy a Clip again, when the price is right.

But right now the hunt is on for some headphones!

Thanks to all of you, for your input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back