My first MP3 player, Sansa Clip 2GB
Nov 23, 2008 at 9:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

planetluvver

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I am excited to have purchased my first MP3 player. I chose the Sansa Clip, because it works with the Vorbis format. I am a Linux user, and it was important for me to have an open source format.

Also, it was available at my local department store.
wink.gif

Okay, I am not very aurally sophisticated. I would like to learn, and I have more time than money.

I paid $49.99 for it, so I think I did okay.
What do you think about my purchase?

Nov 23, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #2 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by planetluvver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

I am excited to have purchased my first MP3 player. I chose the Sansa Clip, because it works with the Vorbis format. I am a Linux user, and it was important for me to have an open source format.

Also, it was available at my local department store.
wink.gif

Okay, I am not very aurally sophisticated. I would like to learn, and I have more time than money.

I paid $49.99 for it, so I think I did okay.
What do you think about my purchase?

Very good purchase, though you will quickly yearn for more space and better quality- speaking of which, what headphones are you running?

Nov 23, 2008 at 9:32 PM Post #3 of 27
I thought this sold for like... $35?

Nov 23, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #4 of 27
You paid too much, just an FYI. You might want to try a Black Friday run to get this for $30, and then return the old one (if that's possible). Or, even better, pick up a 4GB Fuze for $50.

Take a look at the BF thread in these forums, or do a google search for "Black Friday". Cheers.

Nov 24, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #8 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woot for Woot- got it for 19 bucks. But it is a great player.

and it does not skip on lossless

Nov 24, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and it does not skip on lossless

So true... unlike my old Meizu that skips on FLACs... The Clip is truly an exceptional budget player

Nov 24, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woot for Woot- got it for 19 bucks. But it is a great player.

x2 on the Woot deal - I love this little player. Will be great for running.

Nov 24, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #11 of 27
I have three of the 2gb clips, if you look around you can find good deals and get two for less than a 4gb clip. All mine are different colors and I put different types of music on each one.

Nov 24, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #12 of 27
I got in on one from Woot and I must say this is pretty nice for something this small and cheap. Sound quality is good, build quality and finish is good, clip works well, controls are well designed, and it plays lossless files flawlessly (unlike my Zune).

Well done SanDisk.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 24, 2008 at 7:40 AM Post #13 of 27
Great player, I liked my 4GB clip a lot and in the tiny format it is absolutely peerless and can go up against players well above its 'weight class' too.

If you bought it retail from a place that takes returns w/o restock keep all the stuff and get in on a BF deal. A few places have the 4GB clip for $35, get one then return your 2GB
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 24, 2008 at 9:03 PM Post #15 of 27
The Clip is terrific, so please enjoy. The 8GB version is now selling at Wal-Mart for less than eighty bucks if you want an upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back