(My) First Impressions with Schiit Magni
Mar 1, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:
Often times, as is the case with Schiit Magni, the volume potentiometer is simply an input attenuator. All you'd notice is a lower volume-knob position for equal volume. Still, awful idea to " double-amp ". The novice will always realize their mistakes later on in this hobby.

I wish somebody had told me that before I wasted so much money on crap... 
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:
Indeed. What I thought I wanted when I first got into this hobby is far different from what I have now. 
wink.gif

I'm curious - what did you want when you first got into this hobby?  And what do you have now?

Mar 2, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:
I'm curious - what did you want when you first got into this hobby?  And what do you have now?

Pretty standard story. Started looking for the "Bassiest Bass" headphones I could find for the least amount of money and had planned to run them directly from an iPod. Went through several other Bassy Cans; M-50s of course, MK700IIs, Pioneer D2000, Ultrasone Pro 900, Beyerdynamic 770s, etc. and a couple of Amps (Music Hall, DACMini, E7, E17) until I landed on the HE500s and my Burson Conductor DAC/Amp that will be here on Monday.... I now run my music directly from a USB out on my laptop. So a lot has changed... 

I'm assuming the Burson will be my new favorite. I've only heard the Soloist and I loved it. So this should sound about the same. It's basically a Soloist with a DAC and Preamp built in (I needed something simple to break down and transportable). 

ETA: You know... That  question would make an interesting thread. You should start one. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back