MY FIRST IEM: HEIR 5.0 or RDB+ V2 ??? - Similar Price Tag, Both Excels in Base, Both Offer Great Detail....Etc
Feb 27, 2013 at 5:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

DarkchilD

New Head-Fier
Okay guys, I'm a newby to Head-fi & any products hi-end. I am seeking some deep wisdom from you better tuned professionals! I have been reading and following up on many threads of similar high-end IEMs, to aid my decision, but it has come to no fruition.

CONTEXT:
Technically it would be one of "My first Hi-ends" & will come round the same time as the pre-ordered 1Plus2. It'll be used as an Alternative or Back-up.The only decent IEMs I've ever owned are Miles Davis Trumpet {very clear} & IE8 {very heavy & bassy}. I thought one lacked the other and that the 5.0s would be the best of both worlds :D Then I looked into the RDBs being like the old 1plus2s, fun with excellent dynamic base, the +v2 having even more control & improvement on the highs than the predecessor. So I was like 8.A-like universal VS old 1Plus2? Somebody please help a brother out! :)

Basically have an ultimatum: Either the new Heir 5.0 which is tuned to be reminiscent of the 8.As, but the Mids/Highs being slightly not as refined and smooth, or the original 1Plus-sounding beasts, the v2s ???

Accordingly the first 5BA...

Or a new Hybrid? Hmmm...?

484690_323537181089679_1401803074_n.jpg

Above is the combination Shell/Faceplate I would get. (And not just cause the color's akin to myself)

Jokes aside, in your honest opinion (or guestimate), what would have the more prominent Low-end, in terms of Base quantity and quality? Also which would have better clarity & detail in the Mid-frequencies? As for the highs, I prefer my treble less than aggressive and not too forward?
I'm aware this may be a difficult question to answer for both IEMs are indeed very new & there's no reviews yet, but would greatly appreciate anyone's conjecture.

Thank you in advance :)

Remember that I've pre-ordered the 1Plus2s and am looking at these as a back-up IEM (the sound signature doesn't have to be similar to the Tralucents)

P.S.  My wallet is very hurt and won't talk to me any more :frowning2:  (apparently it won't speak a lingo other than money)

Feb 27, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #2 of 9
I've never heard of the RDB+ V2, do you have any links to more information?
It seems like the Heir 5.0 would give you a different signature, if it's variety you're after that might be the route to go. That said, you add the Aurisonics ASG-2's to your list, those look very interesting as well.

Feb 27, 2013 at 5:41 AM Post #3 of 9
I can only say that the Heir shell will be more comfortable over what Rhapsodio is putting out. It'll also have significantly better build quality. However, the RDB does have a unique sound. I've personally only heard the old and new 1Plus2, so I don't know how similar the RDB+ V2 is to them.

Feb 27, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:
I've never heard of the RDB+ V2, do you have any links to more information?
It seems like the Heir 5.0 would give you a different signature, if it's variety you're after that might be the route to go. That said, you add the Aurisonics ASG-2's to your list, those look very interesting as well.

There isn't that much information out there. The v2s can be ordered from the site for like $500, inc shipping and $20 Faceplate. This is what Charles from Rhapsodio stated:

They will be sold for 530 now and we will give a $30 preorder discount, so it will be $500 including standard shipping and a cable, if you choose to use ue port.
For carbon faceplates we will charge another $20 USD.

In terms of their sound, these were his words:

"The improvement will be: better build quality ,better high freqeuncy response,
            tighter bass.and the high-mids will sound more natural."

Before I converted to a new thread, there was a tiny bit of feedback also on the Rhapsodio Thread by AnakChan, which I'm grateful for:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/629133/rhapsodio-a-unique-place-indeed-product-impressions-thread/240
http://www.head-fi.org/t/629133/rhapsodio-a-unique-place-indeed-product-impressions-thread/255

As of the ASG-2s, they are just as intriguing. Not sure when they'll be released though? Are they to be just a universal version of the AS2s?

Feb 27, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:
There isn't that much information out there. The v2s can be ordered from the site for like $500, inc shipping and $20 Faceplate. This is what Charles from Rhapsodio stated:

They will be sold for 530 now and we will give a $30 preorder discount, so it will be $500 including standard shipping and a cable, if you choose to use ue port.
For carbon faceplates we will charge another $20 USD.

In terms of their sound, these were his words:

"The improvement will be: better build quality ,better high freqeuncy response,
            tighter bass.and the high-mids will sound more natural."

Before I converted to a new thread, there was a tiny bit of feedback also on the Rhapsodio Thread by AnakChan, which I'm grateful for:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/629133/rhapsodio-a-unique-place-indeed-product-impressions-thread/240
http://www.head-fi.org/t/629133/rhapsodio-a-unique-place-indeed-product-impressions-thread/255

As of the ASG-2s, they are just as intriguing. Not sure when they'll be released though? Are they to be just a universal version of the AS2s?

Thanks for the info, will check it all out.

Yes, the ASG-2 is a generic version of the AS-2. From the posts here and Facebook it sounds like they'll be starting to ship in the next week or so.

Feb 28, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:
I can only say that the Heir shell will be more comfortable over what Rhapsodio is putting out. It'll also have significantly better build quality. However, the RDB does have a unique sound. I've personally only heard the old and new 1Plus2, so I don't know how similar the RDB+ V2 is to them.

Can I ask, do you prefer the base better on the old or new 1Plus2s. Are they of the same quantity? To be honest, I am a bit of a base head- yet anything similar to the IE8 is just to heavy

Feb 28, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #8 of 9
Can I ask, do you prefer the base better on the old or new 1Plus2s. Are they of the same quantity? To be honest, I am a bit of a base head- yet anything similar to the IE8 is just to heavy

I know how you feel. Try out the IE800s as well though. Whilst big on bass, it is much tighter and doesn't colour the other spectrums of the sound registers as the 8s did for me.

Feb 28, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
Thanks for the info, will check it all out.

Yes, the ASG-2 is a generic version of the AS-2. From the posts here and Facebook it sounds like they'll be starting to ship in the next week or so.

If they are due to arrive that soon, then I think i will add them to my list! As it goes, the more options one has the better choice one can make :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back