My first budget full size amp(im between o2,e9k and schiit magni)
Jul 4, 2013 at 7:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

farfly

Head-Fier
Hi, i have been using an iphone with an arrow a long time and its quite nice but today i tryed a fiio e9 and i was blown away with the space/air and detail the e9 gives me, the sound is much bigger. I consider the e9 better than the arrow in some areas.
So im considering to get a full size headphone amp, but my budget is not too high.
Im considering the Jdslabs O2, Fiio e9k, Schiit Magni or hifiman ef2a.

I want something with the space and clarity of the e9 with just a little more bass emphasis, i want a warm amp. I will pair it with d2000 and fidelio x1.
I know that amps havent any bass boost option so i need to know what is the bassier of this selection.
Best regards and thanks

Jul 4, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
Hi, i have been using an iphone with an arrow a long time and its quite nice but today i tryed a fiio e9 and i was blown away with the space/air and detail the e9 gives me, the sound is much bigger. I consider the e9 better than the arrow in some areas.
So im considering to get a full size headphone amp, but my budget is not too high.
Im considering the Jdslabs O2, Fiio e9k, Schiit Magni or hifiman ef2a.

I want something with the space and clarity of the e9 with just a little more bass emphasis, i want a warm amp. I will pair it with d2000 and fidelio x1.
I know that amps havent any bass boost option so i need to know what is the bassier of this selection.
Best regards and thanks

As the Denon D2000 headphones are only 25-Ohms, I would think the O2 or Magni are good choices, as they have a very low output impedance.

Jul 4, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #3 of 5
I would say that if you can get the Magni/Modi combo you will be very happy. Those little guys are mighty, when I got a chance to listen to  them they sounded great with the HiFiMan HE-6 with plenty of kick. Are you looking for only an amp? Is this going to be a portable setup only?  

Happy Listening. 

Jul 5, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks, my budget is not too high, at this moment i only can buy an amp maybe 150$ máx, the source is an an IPhone 4 vía lod, in the future i will buy a dac to use with my laptop.
So what im looking now is for a desktop amp like fiio e9 but with just a little more bass emphasis.
For portable use i already have the Arrow 4g
Thanks and regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back