My experience with different music players.
May 9, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #196 of 205
Magnificent SoundDevil program, clean sound and easy to use with a very intuitive presentation.
I also really like TuneBrowser. https://tunebrowser.tikisoft.net/
And for the crazy ones who like original and weird shows I recommend SnakeOil https://www.snakeoil-os.net/ Australian made. It sounds cool, but the show is weirder than a green dog.

May 17, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #197 of 205
Hello, everyone. I'm the author of SounDevil.
It is a new software, which has been updated frequently in recent months.
I uploaded the new version to GoFile. Welcome to use and feedback.
https://gofile.io/d/KibnlN
Hey Joe, I got SounDevil and listening to it, I like it :)

A few questions:
1) Where is the User Manual? Under Help, when I click Manual, nothing happens
2) How do I check for updates? I have version 1.5.0.0 - is this the latest version?
3) I am using PCM Bit perfect but on the Playback screen I do not see the spectrum visualization. Is this how it works?

Last edited:
May 17, 2022 at 10:14 PM Post #198 of 205
Hey Joe, I got SounDevil and listening to it, I like it :)

A few questions:
1) Where is the User Manual? Under Help, when I click Manual, nothing happens
2) How do I check for updates? I have version 1.5.0.0 - is this the latest version?
3) I am using PCM Bit perfect but on the Playback screen I do not see the spectrum visualization. Is this how it works?

Thank you for enjoying it.
1)The next version will have Manual in English.
2)1.5 is the latest. I'm going to create a thread on the head-fi.org, and update there.
3)The visualization is currently unavailable in PCM Bit perfect and Direct DSD. The PCM Bit Perfect will support more input formats in next version.

May 18, 2022 at 5:40 AM Post #199 of 205
2)1.5 is the latest. I'm going to create a thread on the head-fi.org, and update there.
3)The visualization is currently unavailable in PCM Bit perfect and Direct DSD. The PCM Bit Perfect will support more input formats in next version.
Thank you very much, looking forward to all these! :)

May 26, 2022 at 3:00 AM Post #200 of 205
Hello again, any update? :)

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #205 of 205
Aimp: I wanted it to sound identical. But unfortunately it didnt. Couldn't find anything bad but the winyl/musicbee kind of players have a sense of texture and aimp has a different texture and imo aimp texture is smoothed off and wrong. Lacks depth.

Just adding my 2c to confirm this. I moved from Foobar 2000 to AIMP a number of years ago because I wanted a more modern interface and I was happy with the sound for a long time (I used the built-in equalizer). But in recent years I had equipment changes and were a bit surprised that some didn't produce that dopamine as expected before brain burn-in set in. I've developed tinnitus so I had resolved myself to the fact that I never would get that rush again. However, I just switched from AIMP to MusicBee and using the same equipment, same songs... holy smokes, brain burn-in is reset and I'm picking up things and feeling things I haven't in a long time and I'm getting that dopamine feeling again for the first time in years! So yeah, stay away from AIMP, something is most likely off there unfortunately (and MusicBee, though a lot more complicated, can be made to look almost as nice).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back