My Experience! Little dot MK iii ebay purchase from hifikanon
Nov 16, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #122 of 139
Ok counterpoint, for the first time in this thread i'm gonna side with you.If i were you i would demand a refund (including shipping) from the seller, on the grounds that the item is faulty.Once you've got that sqaured away, repurchase the amp from David.

Nov 16, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #123 of 139
I sent a message through ebay to the seller explaining the problems. I will see what he offers before I start demanding anything. Refund is the only answer I will accept tho. It is late in china so I assume he will reply tomorrow...

*sigh*

Nov 16, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #124 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by counterpoint /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sent a message through ebay to the seller explaining the problems. I will see what he offers before I start demanding anything. Refund is the only answer I will accept tho. It is late in china so I assume he will reply tomorrow...

*sigh*

I guess i would only feel at ease if i had the backing of manufacturer warrenty.Thats why i suggested you repurchase direct from little dot.futhermore, David is very felxible and has been know to service items even AFTER the warrenty has expired.

I guess we will see what happens.Best of luck.

Nov 16, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #125 of 139
Just a question. I assume the seller will refund the amp because it is obviously faulty. But how does the buyer get the seller to pay for the shipping of a faulty item?

Nov 16, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #128 of 139
That just sucks no matter how you slice it. I've been following this thread since the beginning and I'm pretty sure I would have been just as annoyed as you were/are. I hope everything works out for you. If the refund doesn't happen as you expect it to, you can still file a Paypal claim against the seller. Good Luck!

Nov 16, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #129 of 139
Looks like Little Dot have got themselves a batch of faulty switches or sockets or whatever. What they ought to do, at least where return postage is going to be hefty, is refund the cost of a local technician fixing the thing, provided it's within reason (looks like it could be something very simple). Not likely though, and I don't think it's covered by PayPal since it hasn't actually been lost and the seller will be prepared to fix it. Tricky one, which I think we'll all be interested in the outcome of. I just bought a Muse dac/amp, which so far is going fine, but I think if it developed a fault I'd bite the bullet and have it seen to by someone local. Not fair, I know, but that's the risk of buying from thousands of miles away.

Nov 17, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #130 of 139
Reply from seller,

sorry, we will arrange full refund to you.
our address is:
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxx

phone xxxxxxxxxxx

we are very sorry for the problem happened.
once received the item, the return shipping fee and item fee will be refunded to you.

sorry.

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:47 AM Post #131 of 139
So this time.. buy from David... profit?

I've bought 2 amps from him directly both received within 5 days China to US. Every email answered thoughtfully within 12 hours. Warranty repair handled efficiently and at zero cost (not even shipping).

As bad as your experience has been, I have no sympathy for your ordeal.

Nov 17, 2009 at 10:10 AM Post #132 of 139
maybe you have experienced some problems with hifikanon but i think he is well-meant person. my little dot mkiii and musiland 02 work perfectly.

actually i bought little dot mki+ amp. from david and in three month i heard some static noise at right channel. i mean sometimes you can have trouble with sellers but still i think he is reliable.

by the way first i wanted to buy my mkiii from david but he said shipping turkey costs 80 dollar. but hifikanon send me with ems for 40 dollar. (including insurance). i can not understand that why he offered me 80 dollar when another seller can send 40 dollar.

Nov 17, 2009 at 10:42 AM Post #133 of 139
My personal experience was very positive:

I ordered it on a thursday on ebay, paid with paypal inmediantly. And I got the item the following monday.... Now that is blazing fast.

And I am from Holland. I order a lot of things from Asia from ebay, and usually it takes 2-3 weeks for a simple pot of wax to arrive. And this amp, a relatively expensive and large in size product compared to 10dollar cables, hairgel etc arrives within half a week. My mind almost exploded, so fast it was.

But this is my personal experience with Hifikanon. I am sorry yours was the opposite.

Nov 17, 2009 at 11:02 AM Post #134 of 139
Sounds like hifikanon is a straight up seller, assuming he comes through for you. I DO have sympathy for you as I don't agree with those posters saying you ought to have bought from some other seller because they had a good experience with him. The whole point of these Chinese products is price, and there's no reason not to go with the guy offering the best price unless you have some reason to doubt his honesty. It's a case of Yin or Yang, literally. I'll be interested to hear the upshot.

Nov 27, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #135 of 139
Paypal transaction refunded.

Cheapest registerd post I could find was the Irish Post service at 48 Euros.

Recieved a paypal payment of $60 ($57.36 USD after paypal fee) which comes to 38.49 Euros. I am out 9 quid.

Counted my losses and ordered a Lehmann Rhinelander from Germany.

End of story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back