My Experience! Little dot MK iii ebay purchase from hifikanon
Nov 13, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #106 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by counterpoint /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The seller admitted he shipped it 10 days after because he did not have it in stock when he made the sale on ebay. He sold an item he did not have. In his original emails he said he already shipped it which was untrue.

Why am I being attacked for finding a problem with this?

You ordered the amp on the 27 Oct and opened this thread on the 7 Nov...wow you're a stickler for 10 business days huh??? No leeway in your world...

Dude you have to learn to pick your battles or at least when to fight them...If anything YOU should have done your homework and ordered from David. But chit happens and you have to learn to deal with inconveniences. The quoted shipping times are approximate and subject to real world screw ups...Welcome to the real world!!

Nov 13, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #107 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by tagosaku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am sorry for your frustration, but at the same time, it might be 'experience' that you are lacking, not patience.

I think this nails it... OP: you did more than 'document' your experience - you made it more of a rant by calling it a "nightmare" in the post title. The fact is that ordering from China requires some patience and sometimes things go wrong (anyone here remember the Compass fiasco from a few months ago, when so many badly damaged units came in DHL bags?) There are so many variables involved, you really just have to be patient.

I've ordered 3 things from China in the last year or so. The first one arrived in about 5 days. The second one, however, didn't even SHOW UP in the tracking until AFTER it arrived at my doorstep (about 15 days after the order was placed).

Point is, it is hit or miss - always. Yeah, maybe the seller was a bit generous with his own estimates of shipping time, but it's nothing to get bent out of shape over - he's been in touch and your item appears to be moving.

A small amount of research would have avoided all of this and I think that's really what to take away. You would have known how awesome David is, that the warranty would be honored from him, that ordering from China doesn't always go perfectly but USUALLY (actual) problems are sorted out, that EMS tracking is inaccurate at best etc. THAT, in my opinion, is why you're being "attacked" - after you attacked the seller publicly, of course.

Nov 13, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #108 of 139
I freaked out and created this post when after 10 days the shipping number he gave me did not show any information. He told me he shipped it several times but he had not actually shipped it yet because he did not have the amp in stock when he sold it. He was running me around with a fake tracking number trying to buy time.

If he did not have the amp in stock then the item should not have been listed and I probably would have bought it from David. I don't believe it is ethical to list items on ebay when you do not have them in stock.

Again if he would not have been running me around with fake tracking numbers because he did not have the amp in stock when he sold it this thread would not exist.

Patience etc... I know...

And yah I know "nightmare" is not the right title.

Nov 13, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #109 of 139
Quote:

And yah I know "nightmare" is not the right title.

You can always edit the title of this thread.

Nov 13, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #111 of 139
Quote:

I don't believe it is ethical to list items on ebay when you do not have them in stock.

The whole world revolves around drop shipping and buy to order. You'd be surprised how many things you buy online that the shop doesn't actually have in stock
wink.gif

Nov 13, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #112 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by alex98uk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The whole world revolves around drop shipping and buy to order. You'd be surprised how many things you buy online that the shop doesn't actually have in stock
wink.gif

about 95% of your posts in this thread are non constructive.

If a shop on ebay does not have an item in stock the item should not be listed.

There is no discussion on this.

Nov 13, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #113 of 139
Noticing a lot of internet heros on this forum. Shame.

OP, I'd keep your opinions to yourself in future. Obviously sloppy service and misleading ebay ads are quite acceptable, if they're from China.
rolleyes.gif

Nov 13, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #114 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl H /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Noticing a lot of internet heros on this forum. Shame.

OP, I'd keep your opinions to yourself in future. Obviously sloppy service and misleading ebay ads are quite acceptable, if they're from China.
rolleyes.gif

Correct. Keyboard warriors going nuts and belittling the OP because he's not happy with what happened. If it were me, I'd be annoyed. I wouldn't create this thread because I know what people are like when it comes to defending brands or a store. You don't have to look far to realise the fanboyism which radiates from certain brands. Whether they are good or not is irrelevant, it's the psyche of the people who seem to think that they do not have to adhere to the standard business model or aren't bound to the contract laws everyone else is [waiting times]. No, sorry, I don't give a damn how good company X are and waiting double or triple the described waiting time is unacceptable. Fortunately some of these stores will refund any unhappy customers.

As I see it, this experience is not a nightmare but isn't exactly perfect. What it did manage to do is show that people at Head F1 have a different way of explaining things which are unacceptable to everyone else. Read into that which ever way you want.
Quote:

Originally Posted by alex98uk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

The sad reality huh. I was happy to see a pc store I frequently purchase from move to a proper live stock level indicator.

Nov 13, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #115 of 139
Quote:

about 95% of your posts in this thread are non constructive.

If a shop on ebay does not have an item in stock the item should not be listed.

There is no discussion on this.

That's not non constructive, that was me telling you that most of the world now operates on a drop shipping/buy to order means. Businesses don't want excess stock on their hands, lean manufacturing and just in time processes are all the rage in electronics, both for constructors and retailers.

I think you'll find many of these eBay companies will place an order at the actual factory for a unit to be shipped directly to you. This is why it might be why it is taking so long.

Nov 13, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #117 of 139
Heh, no, it was the year of my first ever email address!

I'm not saying that drop shipping/buy to order is the right thing to do, on eBay, it actually says in the rules you must have the item in stock when selling. I was just trying to give a reason as to why it might have been taking so long, rightly or wrongly.

Nov 14, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #118 of 139
"I have not yet begun to complain!" (With apologies to John Paul Jones).

This thread is a hoot.

What the OP should do is, when the item arrives, and I'm sure it will, tell the seller he's sending it back and it should arrive in three days, then return it via Greenland. That'll teach him.
smily_headphones1.gif

"Stop being such a woman. Seriously."

I wasn't aware there was anything gender specific in worrying about a slow parcel, but there you are. But not to be making too much of a joke of what to the OP is a very frustrating experience, I still say these Chinese sellers jealously guard their reputations and would rather be beaten up by a Triad gang than put a customer off-side--or worse yet, incur negative feedback. I've no doubt the posting/mailing thing is completely out of the seller's hands.

Oh...are we going for 10 pages?
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 16, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #119 of 139
IT'S HERE!

I photographed the unboxing. Packaging was great.

I plugged it in and turned it on after reading the instruction manual.

The blue led light on the front turns on and then flickers for a few seconds before going out completely. But the amp still works even tho the led goes out. Turning the amp off and then on again repeats this.

When touching the headphone jack the left side cuts in and out. There is also a strange clicking noise from inside the amp when the left side cuts in and out.

I only spent about 15 minutes with it before I had to go back to work.

And here I sit.

Nov 16, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #120 of 139
i side completely with the OP. yes its coming from china but does that excuse faulty communication and selling items that take 10 days to restock? 11 days without a tracking number when buying from ebay? all you other ppl bashing him, if put in the same situation, would be just as annoyed IF the situation was the same (ie, ebay, not DAVID, buying from someone/company you have little to no experience with, etc.). saying otherwise, may be for some, but is not the norm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back