my Etymotic HF2: new or old packaging?
Feb 16, 2009 at 4:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ad78

New Head-Fier
hello there! my 1st post here.. i just bought them 2 days ago. on youtube videos and ilounge reviews they have a blue flange on it.
mine came with the default white. i believe that's the large one. but the small flange is grayish clear. not blue... even my silicon foam tips are grayish

do i have the old one or the new one?

here is the video
YouTube - Etymotic hf2 Earphones - iLounge 2008 Best of Show Winner

and also, i am thinking to return them and try the .fi 5vi

will the 5vi bass is the same as HF2?

TIA

Feb 16, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #2 of 4
Mine that I got last year have not got the blue tri-flange. As for bass comparison to 5vi I don't know but would guess that the 5vi would have more bass but less controlled but that is only a guess as I have not tried the 5vi

Mar 2, 2009 at 12:35 PM Post #3 of 4
Mine came with the blue flanged tips. I find them to be uselessly small and cannot get a seal with them. I've used Shure olives and the Ety grey foams with some success - although nothing that will tilt the tonal balance towards the warmth I prefer. They have their good qualities but are second best to SE530's for me. Oh, and the multi -pole connector is not reliable with either my iPhone or 4G Nano, whereas the Shure MPA is.

Mar 2, 2009 at 12:47 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by dwilson9@tiscali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine came with the blue flanged tips. I find them to be uselessly small and cannot get a seal with them. I've used Shure olives and the Ety grey foams with some success - although nothing that will tilt the tonal balance towards the warmth I prefer. They have their good qualities but are second best to SE530's for me. Oh, and the multi -pole connector is not reliable with either my iPhone or 4G Nano, whereas the Shure MPA is.

Wit black olives I find them be to very good and I have no problem with the connector in my 3G iPhone. Comparison with the 530 is probably not quit fair given the price difference and alos the 530 don't have a mic unless you get the Shure iPhone adaptor adding further cost

Users who are viewing this thread

Back