"My Era of Music Was The Best"
Feb 11, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #76 of 89
Enrico Caruso and Frank Sinatra didn't write their own songs.

Feb 14, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #78 of 89

Quote:
So much pretentiousness in this thread.

Which is worse: to participate in the discussion in a way that may be construed as pretentious, or to just stop in and make an acusatory remark that contributes nothing to the discussion?

Feb 14, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #79 of 89

Quote:
also there's this girl named adele who i hear is pretty good, but i haven't heard her on the radio or seen her on tv in the last 3 or 4 minutes

She has a great voice, but I'm not a fan of her music. Most of her music that I have heard just seems like it takes a cliched theme, throws in a bunch of metaphorical nonsense, and calls it music.

Feb 15, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #81 of 89

Quote:
She has a great voice, but I'm not a fan of her music. Most of her music that I have heard just seems like it takes a cliched theme, throws in a bunch of metaphorical nonsense, and calls it music.

But she certainly pissed all over Nicki Minaj and Bruno Mars Sunday night.  Actually Nicki's performance Sunday seemed from mars and her lyrics completely unintelligible.

Feb 15, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #82 of 89
When I first listened to her CD (Adele), her style was so one dimensional. I had to check a few of times that the player was not repeating songs already played. She's young so there's potential for growth, but not that I'm waiting. 

Feb 15, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #83 of 89

Quote:
To participate in the discussion in a way that may be construed as pretentious.

Not for those of us who at least try to practice some degree of forum etiquette. :p

Quote:
But she certainly pissed all over Nicki Minaj and Bruno Mars Sunday night.  Actually Nicki's performance Sunday seemed from mars and her lyrics completely unintelligible.

I agree, but that isn't really saying much. Even Britney Spears' crap from the late 90's/early 2000's was better than some of the stuff they're trying to pass off as music these days. lol

Feb 27, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #88 of 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigmode /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sometimes you don't forget.

Do the nightmares ever go away?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back