My eBay Listing Removed For Trademark Violation. Why?
Jan 29, 2008 at 4:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Varma

100+ Head-Fier
Recently I listed a Bose On-Ear Headphones on eBay for fixed price which I got for free through American Express Rewards. Just now I received an email from eBay saying item has been removed because of Trademark Violation. I remeber that I didn't use any logos of Bose. So in what way have I violated? Has this happened to any of you guys?

Thanks.

Jan 29, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #2 of 22
Did you copy-paste text from a bose advertisement?
Did you use Bose company photos?... or take actual pictures of your item for sale?

Lets start with that...

Jan 29, 2008 at 6:07 AM Post #3 of 22
No I didn't use any text or images from Bose. I just wrote a short description about the item and shipping details. I had couple of pictures of the item which I took. That's It.

But I did list them for only fixed price with worldwide shipping? Is this the reason?

Jan 29, 2008 at 7:01 AM Post #7 of 22
I'd say it's Bose trying to force their consumers to pay the overpriced tag. I bet an OEM could make all of their headphones for at least half of what they're selling them for.

Jan 29, 2008 at 1:20 PM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Breakdown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd say it's Bose trying to force their consumers to pay the overpriced tag. I bet an OEM could make all of their headphones for at least half of what they're selling them for.

Try and list them as box opened without a price and make it an auction.

Jan 29, 2008 at 1:30 PM Post #10 of 22
If they are OEM 'whitebox' items, you cannot sell them by the terms of agreement the companies set. The items are generally provided to the people that offer them (ie American Express) at extremely reduced prices. I'm guessing Bose provided a huge amount of the headphones to AE for almost nothing. The retail packaging is what makes products so valuable!
I tried selling some OEM stuff I had a few years back and ran into the same problem. It's an odd rule, but what I'd do is take them out of the box and sell without any packaging and you shouldn't run into the problem.

Jan 29, 2008 at 10:07 PM Post #11 of 22
Thanks for the information. The packing of the headphones is little bit different from the ones I saw at the Bose Store. But anyway I got them free.

I will remove the packing and I will relist them.

Jan 30, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Breakdown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You don't really believe that Bose hires employees simply to remove fraudulent eBay listings, do you?

Jan 30, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You don't really believe that Bose hires employees simply to remove fraudulent eBay listings, do you?

Oh, I'd bet you'd be surprised.

Jan 30, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #14 of 22
What about eBay making a mistake?
Thinking they were fare, and hence close the auction...

Jan 30, 2008 at 5:16 PM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Companies with budgets smaller than Bose have full-time employees trolling ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back