My eBay Listing Removed For Trademark Violation. Why?
Jan 30, 2008 at 8:09 PM Post #17 of 22
"You don't really believe that Bose hires employees simply to remove fraudulent eBay listings, do you?"

Yes. I believe there are established laws where if you don't vigorously defend your Trademark your claim to it is dimished.

Mitch

Jan 30, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Companies with budgets smaller than Bose have full-time employees trolling ebay.

I find this very hard to believe. Can you possibly point me to a website, or inform me of a reliable print source which substantiates this claim?

Jan 31, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find this very hard to believe. Can you possibly point me to a website, or inform me of a reliable print source which substantiates this claim?

That's a known fact; there is a group within ebay comprises of companies from all facet of the business world, large to small, in the US and abroad, with the sole objective in enforce their IP rights. I forgot the name of that group.

Jan 31, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

I find this very hard to believe.

Why? It would make perfect business sense to do it. They monitor retail stores; why would they ignore the biggest market on the planet?

Jan 31, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #21 of 22
Um, there are people whose job it is to troll places like wikipedia, let alone ebay. This is the brave new world we live in.

Jan 31, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Why? It's not difficult, most of it is automated. A script to search for all listings with Bose in the title or description, another to download all pictures associated with those listings, and two or three guys to go through them. There maybe a lot of listings up at any moment in time, but once you've caught up to the present, you only need to look at new auctions, which is easily manageable.

EK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back