My E500 cable broke... at a really odd place too...
Oct 18, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #16 of 41
I cleaned mine every other day when I would clean my flex tips.

Also, I am missing the extention cables. All I need to send in to get a E500 PTH back is the E500s and the PTH right? Or is everything needed?

Oct 18, 2007 at 4:08 AM Post #17 of 41
Also, is original box needed too? I have some priority mail boxes that I could use if I just put the E500s and PTH in their little foam box in with adapters and papers.

Oct 18, 2007 at 4:13 AM Post #19 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It needs every single item that came with it, including the entire fit kit, the metal box, extension cables and PTH module.

are you kidding me? Half of it is gone...

Oct 18, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #20 of 41
My e2c's cable broke at the joint, and I didn't have a receipt (got it from someone I know)... I emailed Shure Canada regarding my warranty (tried to get an RMA) and they asked the usual contact info, plus the serial number (mine was 476, so I knew it was still under warranty). I got an RMA, and they told me to send only the earphones in (no receipts asked), so I sent it in the hockey-puck e2c case, in a padded envelope. Got a brand new SCL2 via UPS two business days later...

Oct 18, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #21 of 41
@Rise to Top:
Quote:

Do I need to include the packaging and accessories? No, unless you have an E500PTH. For the E500PTH, please include all accessories, packaging, case, etc.

And my mistake on the receipt policy, you don't need one.

Oct 18, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #22 of 41
I think I'll just call tommorow...

Oct 18, 2007 at 6:15 AM Post #23 of 41
Quote:

You can use an online receipt. If the eBay seller was an authorized dealer, then he would most likely have given your an email proof. If you bought them from a private individual then :/ slim chance for warranty usage.

Think my PayPal receipt will do? I bought my pair new from bobsound1.

I doubt he's an authorized dealer...

Oct 18, 2007 at 6:44 AM Post #25 of 41
Quote:

Missed that one! Thanks!
cool.gif

Oct 18, 2007 at 7:07 AM Post #26 of 41
They don't need a receipt because they are warrantee 2yr from date of manufacture - maybe the reason why the want the whole box with UPC and S/N on it when sending in E500?

Mine from bobsound 2 months ago went back to Shure on Monday (got there Wednesday) with a broken spout on the left earpiece - waiting to see what happens...

Oct 18, 2007 at 8:58 AM Post #27 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They don't need a receipt because they are warrantee 2yr from date of manufacture - maybe the reason why the want the whole box with UPC and S/N on it when sending in E500?

Mine from bobsound 2 months ago went back to Shure on Monday (got there Wednesday) with a broken spout on the left earpiece - waiting to see what happens...

Why would they need the whole box for DoM when it's imprinted on the 1/8" jack plug itself (mine has 2586, September 15, 2006). So, they asked you to send in the whole box? All the accessories, warranty cards, etc?
blink.gif

Oct 18, 2007 at 10:44 AM Post #28 of 41
I suspect that the reason that Shure wanted the E500 returned "with accessories" is because it was first released with the PTH unit bundled with the earphone itself, and if you returned one, they wanted you to return the other so that you didn't get a free PTH unit when you got the replacement. Now that they make the SE530 available without the PTH unit, this probably isn't an issue.

At least, I hope it is not an issue, because I sent my E500 back to Shure on Monday with only the earphone itself, not the PTH unit. We'll see what happens.

Oct 19, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #29 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suspect that the reason that Shure wanted the E500 returned "with accessories" is because it was first released with the PTH unit bundled with the earphone itself, and if you returned one, they wanted you to return the other so that you didn't get a free PTH unit when you got the replacement. Now that they make the SE530 available without the PTH unit, this probably isn't an issue.

At least, I hope it is not an issue, because I sent my E500 back to Shure on Monday with only the earphone itself, not the PTH unit. We'll see what happens.

So I should get a pair of SE530s back in that sense, even without all of the tips and cables (still have volume control)?

Oct 19, 2007 at 2:55 AM Post #30 of 41
What's with all the broken e500/e530?? Are these things built like crap or what??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back