My E500 cable broke... at a really odd place too...
Nov 5, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #32 of 41
I called Friday and the lady told me that they were still at the post office? I don't understand? They were signed on the 26th, so how does this work out? There is no record of them at all in Shure's system.

Nov 5, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #33 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@Rise to Top:

And my mistake on the receipt policy, you don't need one.

you will need it when you near the 2 year mark.

Tomorrow, I'm sending off my third defective pair back. This happens every couple of months. I've almost memorized the address: Touhy Ave, Niles IL

Nov 5, 2007 at 2:43 PM Post #34 of 41
this draws my attention, mine is getting so much stiff near the phones and i'm afraid to bend it back the cable..might cracked the insulation!

2 months SE530 here!

Nov 5, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #35 of 41
I'm shure (
icon10.gif
) they had this same problem with the first round of E500s. I wonder if it's really cheaper to replace all of these earphones rather than design a better cable for the SE530

Nov 5, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #36 of 41
Most people are happy with the 500's and 530's, I think. It might be people with acidic skin types (something like that, I'm not a dermatologist) that are having problems.

Anyway, Shure will make sure that problems from these cable housings don't have the warranty expire at 2 years, they said so in another thread.

Nov 5, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #37 of 41
Correcting my previous statement about receipt - they are warranteed 2yr from date of manufacture, or from date of purchase, whichever is longer.

But, you do need a receipt if they were made over 2yr ago, but you bought them less than 2 yr ago and want free repairs. In that case, then the receipt must be for a sale by an Authorized dealer to get the 2yr from date of purchase coverage.

Nov 5, 2007 at 7:58 PM Post #38 of 41
As many others here, I've sent in my e2c's three times to have them replaced and have already sent in my sse530's once for replacement due to the infamous wire cracking issue. Wish they would switch to a softer wiring/cable so it wouldn't crack due to perspiration and cold weather.

Nov 5, 2007 at 8:20 PM Post #39 of 41
Here's my (indirect) experience. My friend's E500's cable split. He sent Shure an email about it. Shure told him to send in the earphones with receipt (Paypal receipt). My friend did exactly that and received a brand new pair. No questions asked. He didn't even send in all the original accessories!

Nov 5, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #40 of 41
My experience was with E500PTH made last year and bought on eBay in August 07.

The sound spout broke off the left earpiece 3-4 weeks ago, and I sent in the whole setup and they replaced everything with a new SE530PTH. They were mailed back within 3 days of receiving them from me.

Nov 6, 2007 at 5:52 AM Post #41 of 41
I just snapped off the tube while removing a Shure sleeve. Apparently I had done too many experiments. My suggestion: when you find one you like, stick with it... at least after warranty.

Sent it in, E500s in warranty, and fully expect SE530s to arrive soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back