My E500 broke (warning: explicit pics)
Oct 31, 2006 at 4:37 AM Post #31 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by dranoel4190
i like it when i see manufacturers posting on user's threads. it really shows that you take good care of your customers. i just hope you show the same concern with others especially non-headfiers. its not nice if you only give extra attention to us.

like in my case, i emailed ue and jeanette regarding an issue with my sf5 pro cable. ive heard great cs stories from fellow headfiers. but its been more than a week and i havent heard from them. will it help if i mentioned im a headfier? or do i have to create a thread just to get ue's attention?

im gonna follow it up. i hope they "at least" reply to my email. wish me luck

Yes, UE customer service is every bit as good as Shure [if not better].
Be patient with Jeanette please. She is so overwhelmed right now with responding to people's e-mails regarding the triple.fi... She finally just got back to me on Saturday [yes, she's working on Saturday for her customers] just to say that I wasn't a pain in the ass, when I had admittedly conceded to her, in these words, that I am "a major pain in the ass".

Oct 31, 2006 at 4:52 AM Post #33 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by turkishdelight
We will be more than happy to promptly replace your E500's. Please click the link below for all info to send the earphones in for replacement. Pleas include all packaging, accessories, and PTH as you will receive a new sealed E500PTH. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to receiving the earphones for a prompt replacement. Thanks

http://personalaudio.custhelp.com/cg...p?p_faqid=3306

I for one , love to see C.S. like this , very good showing. Kudos to Shure and turkishdelight.

Oct 31, 2006 at 4:54 AM Post #34 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by turkishdelight
We will be more than happy to promptly replace your E500's. Please click the link below for all info to send the earphones in for replacement. Pleas include all packaging, accessories, and PTH as you will receive a new sealed E500PTH. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to receiving the earphones for a prompt replacement. Thanks

http://personalaudio.custhelp.com/cg...p?p_faqid=3306

See? What did I say?
cool.gif

Oct 31, 2006 at 4:59 AM Post #35 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ
Yeah well, go see my "WARNING: UE'S NEW SUPERFI5PRO CASE IS BAD"
thread. There new one is a lot worse. It's flimsy, dents easy, lint gets all over your tips, etc....
The cables are thicker and seem to have a little bit better SQ though.

I must agree about the new case (did'nt read the post , don't have to I have one). It does not "dent" though , it creases very easily and is made of a smaller gauge metal. The "felt" liner is a dust collector and the nice rubber insert that holds the adapters is no longer included. The adapters also look and feel of a lesser quality.

Nov 1, 2006 at 4:42 PM Post #37 of 42
thanks for the reply turkishdelight... much appreciated. I gave Shure a call and they will send me a new pair -- awesome! nice people over there, very polite and helpful -- wish there was some CS like that here in Italy. can’t wait to receive them, music just isn't the same without them.

I'd like to say universal fit is a good thing: it lets you try different IEM’s and if you’re not satisfied you can always return it or even sell it. However, in my brief experience with IEM’s custom molds may be the way to go in the long run... for various reason. I’m seriously considering having a custom for the E500; if I was in the US I’d have already done so, but since I’m in God damn Italy, things could take ages to do.

Thanks again to SHURE... and all for the replies, God bless USA. amen

cheers!

Nov 1, 2006 at 11:59 PM Post #38 of 42
I had the same problem of the stem breaking and took them personally to Shure in Chicago and they replaced them for me PRONTO...No questions asked. The maufacturing date is on the Y-connector with the mini jack.Mine is 2196 ... that means it was made in Feb.(the 2) 19th. and year '06 (the 6).They also gave me an extra case and an extra set of tips.... very very professional of them and CUSTOMER CONCERNED. Keep it up SHURE.

Nov 2, 2006 at 12:35 AM Post #39 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by yazdoo
The maufacturing date is on the Y-connector with the mini jack.Mine is 2196 ... that means it was made in Feb.(the 2) 19th. and year '06 (the 6).

No. I means that it was made on the 219th day of 2006. Manufacturing dates stamped with 4 digits means: first 3 digits is day of the year, 4th digit is year (2196 is thus the 219th day of 2006). Manufacturing dates stamped with 3 digits means: first 2 digits is the week of the year, 3rd digit is the year (so 295 would be the 29th week of 2005).

Nov 2, 2006 at 10:23 PM Post #40 of 42
Dzjudz is correct. Our four digit codes are as he says.

Nov 4, 2006 at 10:44 AM Post #41 of 42
Quote:

it's just the flash light.

no.

...yes

...maybe

it’s not... now that I look better, it’s a light reflection from the neon on the ceiling, lol

cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back