My E500 broke (warning: explicit pics)
Oct 29, 2006 at 10:37 PM Post #17 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk
The E500 doesn't have removable nozzles like the E4?

Nope...technology is going backwards
frown.gif

Oct 29, 2006 at 10:44 PM Post #18 of 42
I broke one of the stems on mine inserting it into a custom earmold. Shure sent me a new pair, no questions asked. They told me since it has a two year warrantee it is no problem. You should have no trouble, just give customer service a call.

Oct 30, 2006 at 8:06 AM Post #19 of 42
Oh, I'm so glad I opted for the triple.fi's instead.

However, I did have a case cracking issue with my Super.fi 5 pro, which many people did, and they promptly sent me out a brand new set.

I'm sure Shure will take care of you just as well as UE did with me and every other UE customer.

But that does look like a major design flaw... That is particularly the ONE part of the IEM that needs to be the strongest, and apparently, it's the weakest link. Oh brudder, and oy vey! I sure hope the Triple.Fi's are made a little better.

etysmile.gif

Oct 30, 2006 at 9:34 AM Post #20 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ
Oh, I'm so glad I opted for the triple.fi's instead.

However, I did have a case cracking issue with my Super.fi 5 pro, which many people did, and they promptly sent me out a brand new set.

I'm sure Shure will take care of you just as well as UE did with me and every other UE customer.

But that does look like a major design flaw... That is particularly the ONE part of the IEM that needs to be the strongest, and apparently, it's the weakest link. Oh brudder, and oy vey! I sure hope the Triple.Fi's are made a little better.

etysmile.gif

... And i guess this won't happen with the triple fi
The only 2 parts that usually breaks in IEMs are the cable and the stalk, it even said so in the manual

It's obviously the weakest part of the IEM itself because it's the longest and thinnest

But Shure CS is excellent, they'll give you a brand new set

Oct 30, 2006 at 9:49 AM Post #21 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri
... And i guess this won't happen with the triple fi
The only 2 parts that usually breaks in IEMs are the cable and the stalk, it even said so in the manual

It's obviously the weakest part of the IEM itself because it's the longest and thinnest

But Shure CS is excellent, they'll give you a brand new set

First off, the actual casing broke on my Super.Fi 5 pro, it was a manufacturer's defect that got rectified.
I can't see UE having a problem with cables because they are replaceable. And the stalk, it's pretty thick
and looks reinforced.

Super.Fi, Triple.Fi have thicker canals than Shure's do. On the Sf5pro, the canal is surely thicker... To put a Shure tip on it, you have to really stretch it, as they aren't made to fit. The UE tips push towards the back so the tip of the canal gets closest to your ears.... unlike Shure where the tip gets closer to your ears than the canal.

But if, like you say, it is obviously the weakest part because it is the longest and thinnest, then why not make it out of metal or aluminum even thicker, and put some kind of foam dampening material on the inside so it's not too tinny or resonates too much.

Those new V-MODA look pretty strong-- wouldn't imagine they sound too great, but strong build can go into any IEM, if enough time is given and planned out properly. Of course IEMs are smaller and much harder to make more resiliant to damage than full sized cans, but technology is allowing for lots of amazing things now.

I think both Shure and UE rushed on these... UE even more so, to come out and compete with Shure before Xmas-time.... which worries me plenty.
But what can I do? If they break, they break. UE is excellent, they will have plenty on hand hopefully for just this sort of thing. A new product on the market should always have plenty of backup replacements in the factory.

Oct 30, 2006 at 10:06 AM Post #22 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ

I just had that happen to me a few weeks ago, I was horrified. UE is mailing me a new pair right now. Aparently it's a thing with the metal hockey-puck case that causes the plastic case to crack.

Oct 30, 2006 at 10:08 AM Post #23 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by awptickes
I just had that happen to me a few weeks ago, I was horrified. UE is mailing me a new pair right now. Aparently it's a thing with the metal hockey-puck case that causes the plastic case to crack.

Yeah well, go see my "WARNING: UE'S NEW SUPERFI5PRO CASE IS BAD"
thread. There new one is a lot worse. It's flimsy, dents easy, lint gets all over your tips, etc....
The cables are thicker and seem to have a little bit better SQ though.

Oct 30, 2006 at 3:54 PM Post #24 of 42
We will be more than happy to promptly replace your E500's. Please click the link below for all info to send the earphones in for replacement. Pleas include all packaging, accessories, and PTH as you will receive a new sealed E500PTH. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to receiving the earphones for a prompt replacement. Thanks

http://personalaudio.custhelp.com/cg...p?p_faqid=3306

Oct 30, 2006 at 4:12 PM Post #25 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by turkishdelight
We will be more than happy to promptly replace your E500's. Please click the link below for all info to send the earphones in for replacement. Pleas include all packaging, accessories, and PTH as you will receive a new sealed E500PTH. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to receiving the earphones for a prompt replacement. Thanks

Now that is proactive customer support.

Oct 30, 2006 at 4:34 PM Post #26 of 42
Quote:

Glad to see you guys read our worries and requests and act on them! Thanks!

Oct 30, 2006 at 4:52 PM Post #27 of 42
i like it when i see manufacturers posting on user's threads. it really shows that you take good care of your customers. i just hope you show the same concern with others especially non-headfiers. its not nice if you only give extra attention to us.

like in my case, i emailed ue and jeanette regarding an issue with my sf5 pro cable. ive heard great cs stories from fellow headfiers. but its been more than a week and i havent heard from them. will it help if i mentioned im a headfier? or do i have to create a thread just to get ue's attention?

im gonna follow it up. i hope they "at least" reply to my email. wish me luck

Oct 31, 2006 at 4:34 AM Post #30 of 42
Quote:

Man, you gotta love service like that. This is how you keep customers right here folks. Awesome way to promote brand loyalty...

Ply

Users who are viewing this thread

Back