My DT770's Arrived!
Jan 31, 2009 at 12:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Inquisitor

New Head-Fier
Reposted from Amps (My mistake)

My used DT770-80Pro's arrived just now, I've been avoiding the forum until they did. The anticipation was too great. They sound amazing, I'm love em, I'm totally hooked. You can really hear the imprefections of recording quality and the limitations I had before.

n1133227104_277622_2372.jpg

n1133227104_277623_3690.jpg

I love the sound so much... but now I need an amp to really drive them. I'm probably going to need something that is portable (size of my zune or smaller). The money spending has just begun!

Jan 31, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #2 of 14
Yes congratulations again. Good luck in your search for a portable amp.

Jan 31, 2009 at 1:21 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by m0ofassa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not sure a portable amp can drive these to their potential... glad to see the repost though ... ... ...

...but much better than mere portable player alone though. And good portable amplifiers are surprisingly powerfull too.

Jan 31, 2009 at 1:23 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

glad to see the repost though

haha my bad, I wasn't paying much attention to things when I posted the original

Quote:

not sure a portable amp can drive these to their potential

Probably not, but it'll sure as hell help I would think.

Jan 31, 2009 at 1:51 PM Post #6 of 14
Fun! I just got my 770 Pro 250's and I love em to bits. Comfy as hell eh.

I personally am getting a Corda Arietta, which isnt portable, but I know there are a couple Meier portable amps you may look into. Ive heard that Meier and Beyerdynamic go very well together.

Have fun and happy listening!

Jan 31, 2009 at 2:19 PM Post #8 of 14
Beyer's 'phones are pretty efficient and especially at 80 ohms, you can drive them quite nicely with something like a Pico. I can even drive my 600 ohm DT990s to satisfaction with my Pico.

Congrats on a nice pair of headphones. Enjoy!

Jan 31, 2009 at 2:21 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beyer's 'phones are pretty efficient and especially at 80 ohms, you can drive them quite nicely with something like a Pico. I can even drive my 600 ohm DT990s to satisfaction with my Pico.

Congrats on a nice pair of headphones. Enjoy!

Yeah, DT770 is not very hard to drive to their potential.

Jan 31, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #10 of 14
while you're here with them, can you describe how they fit and measure your headspan? (I have been looking to get them) or anyone else, can someone link me to the headband related mods thread because i cant find it anymore
confused_face(1).gif
confused_face(1).gif

edit: although, from memory you can just stretch it a lot because it's mostly metal. want to double check though

Jan 31, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by m0ofassa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
while you're here with them, can you describe how they fit and measure your headspan? (I have been looking to get them) or anyone else, can someone link me to the headband related mods thread because i cant find it anymore
confused_face(1).gif
confused_face(1).gif

edit: although, from memory you can just stretch it a lot because it's mostly metal. want to double check though

You can mod the headband all you want. Its basically a slide rule setup thats made out of a slimjim. The entire headband is sheet metal other then the 2 side lockers that the speakers slide into, then they just wrap it in leather.

Jan 31, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #12 of 14
I think you might want to switch your DAP. I mean, Zune is great and all, but no FLAC compatabilities. Sandisk and Cowon are pretty popular.

So, for the amp, I think someone recommended a low gain amp for myself (I also have Beyers as you can tell).

When I did my own info digging, I found that the Meier Corda Move is a pretty great amplifier. A pico can drive a Sennheiser HD650 pretty well, so you wont need to upgrade for a while (Personally, I like the feeling of upgrading, so I'm going with a cheapy amp)

Enjoy the great cans
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 31, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #13 of 14
^^^Love your avatar^^^

If you decide on a desktop amp, the Little Dot I+ is a great match with the DT-770/80's after you roll the tubes. It is before the tube roll but it is SO much better after. I still desire to try some other headphones but honestly I could be 100% happy with only my Beyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back