My DT770 Pro 80 experience **ELECTRONIC MUSIC
Nov 30, 2012 at 5:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gpops

New Head-Fier
My only background into the audiophile world are my Klipsch S4s and my dad's discontinued AKG's and Sennheiser 595s. First off, I truly recommend from the bottom of my heart investing in a pair of Klipsch S4's; they have lasted me years and come with an incredible warranty. If anything is wrong with them at all, you have the option to send them in and receive an entirely new pair for free. Lifetime warranty. They have amazing bass for earbuds, and for the price it's totally worth it to grab them, if you don't want to lug around your pricey over-the-ear cans. They are what I use for my day-to-day headphones for going to class and traveling.

Now to the DT770s...
After long consideration and searching the web, and this forum, I decided on buying the 80 ohm version. I researched and understood that the 80ohm version has stronger bass than the 250ohm version, and it is a ton easier to drive. My laptop (pavilion dv6 with beats audio) can power the 80ohm fairly well when at 80% volume. This is a comfortable listening level. I use Winamp and 320kbps MP3 files mainly. I did purchase the fiio e10, which should be coming in next week, so i am excited to blow my eardrums out. I'll edit this once I receive the amp.

PROS:
Incredible bass, right out of the box. You don't want/need anymore bass than they offer.
The highs and mids are excellent too. Kick drums really kick hard, and synths sound clear
Comfort is out of this world...the night I received them I didn't study for my midterm because I couldn't get them off of my head. The velour ear-pads are soft and the cans squeeze your head with just the right amount of pressure.
The build quality feels durable. The first thing I noticed out of the box is how much aluminum is used to hold the cans together. They feel indestructible.

CONS:
I can't come up with anything besides how mine had a manufacturing defect when ordering them from ebay for $165 new. The left earpad had a crease in it because it must have been resting against the cardboard box for awhile.

Buy a pair of Klipsch S4 for on the go music, and please purchase some DT770 pro 80. That's my say. You will not be disappointed with these headphones. For me it was a throw-down between the M50's and these but these are soooo worth the extra $60. I love Datsik, Excision, Caspa, Dillon Francis, Knife Party, Noisia, Skism and so many more. The DT770s can handle bass heavy dub or even synth heavy house easy. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Nov 30, 2012 at 5:35 AM Post #2 of 4
I also have to say that the DT770 headphones do not bleed much at all. My roommate cannot hear the music I'm playing if I play it at a reasonable level (still kinda loud). This was a huge factor for me, and I'm glad that they lived up to their reputation for isolating the sound to your ears. No worries about wearing them on a train or bus ride. They're completely closed cans, opposite of their big brothers the DT880s (semi-open) and the DT990s (wide open).

Nov 30, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #4 of 4
Electronic music lack dynamic range 
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back