My dt-990 pro's came!!
Sep 29, 2005 at 8:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

1967cutlass

500+ Head-Fier
I take them out of the box, wow! I exclaim: they are very well built. I unwrap the coiled cord, noting that it is very high quality, soft, and pliable. I place them on my head and marvel at the comfort. Then I plug them in... music that had been idly running all night and morning... and there is still a huge grin plastered on my face! From the one minute or so I have heard of hail to the thief I can tell you that these headphones are not coming off any time soon
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

More to come! (and pics)

Sep 29, 2005 at 8:39 PM Post #4 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1967cutlass
I take them out of the box, wow! I exclaim: they are very well built. I unwrap the coiled cord, noting that it is very high quality, soft, and pliable. I place them on my head and marvel at the comfort. Then I plug them in... music that had been idly running all night and morning... and there is still a huge grin plastered on my face! From the one minute or so I have heard of hail to the thief I can tell you that these headphones are not coming off any time soon
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

More to come! (and pics)

How does it sound unamped? I just got a Senn 595 because stupid ass Amazon delayed my order on the DT990's since I got in a bit late on the order bandwagon. I'm enjoying the 595's but man after coming from the mid's of the 271's...I'm not 100% satisfied.

Sep 29, 2005 at 8:58 PM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniac
These are the new versions I assume? If so, definitely pics please.

yeah, they're in the newer style box as well. i'll have pics in a couple minutes. the music is kinda distracting me at the moment.

Sep 29, 2005 at 10:19 PM Post #10 of 22
I got the 990's a few days ago, so I am in the process of burning them in, just listening to music. They are really starting to come into their own for sure. The sound is indeed a little dark, but I think that is because of the very punchy and loud bass.

I love them so far!

Sep 29, 2005 at 11:54 PM Post #13 of 22
i'll make a more in depth review later, but for now what i can say is that they are very lively sounding, a tiny bit dark, have incredible and very extended bass response (subwoofer in your head). they seem to be very detailed as well. they have a way of making anything sound great. they are definately in a class above the grado sr-325's i used to have (those being my most expensive headphones) and completely trounce my shure e3c's.

Sep 30, 2005 at 1:48 AM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1967cutlass
i'll make a more in depth review later, but for now what i can say is that they are very lively sounding, a tiny bit dark, have incredible and very extended bass response (subwoofer in your head). they seem to be very detailed as well. they have a way of making anything sound great. they are definately in a class above the grado sr-325's i used to have (those being my most expensive headphones) and completely trounce my shure e3c's.

How's the soundstage?

The 595 I'm breaking in is well balanced but it doesn't have that huge soundstage I'm looking for.

Sep 30, 2005 at 1:52 AM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevhuynh
How's the soundstage?

The 595 I'm breaking in is well balanced but it doesn't have that huge soundstage I'm looking for.

i'm not really sure yet, i haven't tried any classical music. i would like to see a comparison between the two though, but i have to say the 595 would have to be extremely good to match these, how is the bass extension on those? the 990's seem to go even lower than my hd-280pro's did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back