my DAC design - pup1 DAC
Oct 22, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #496 of 675
Quote:
Can the outputs of the DAC be hooked up to two different devices at the same time? I'm considering feeding this into two amps.

Yes. I do this all the time. Love it.

Oct 26, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #497 of 675
Looks like Mouser had a change of heart on the oscillator -
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Crystek-Corporation/C3391-12000/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsQtlBhqKq43bqBrGYLfENu

986 of them are due in on Election Day (11/6/2012).

Just an update, but the cases are being laser-etched as I'm typing this.  They should be finished by the middle of next week.  I'm working fast and furious on the website and hope to build one of the exact kits as a build thread this weekend - just to make sure everything's working.

Oct 26, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #498 of 675
Quote:
Looks like Mouser had a change of heart on the oscillator -
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Crystek-Corporation/C3391-12000/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsQtlBhqKq43bqBrGYLfENu

986 of them are due in on Election Day (11/6/2012).

Just an update, but the cases are being laser-etched as I'm typing this.  They should be finished by the middle of next week.  I'm working fast and furious on the website and hope to build one of the exact kits as a build thread this weekend - just to make sure everything's working.

If worse comes to worse, they always have that other oscillator that is about 50 cents more and has better specs that cobaltmute posted (fewer ppm). I got a toaster oven yesterday, have all of the ICs, just need a few passive parts and I'm ready to go!

Regarding connectors, Mouser appears to have exact drop in components, for the RCAs, try the Kycon KLPX-0848A-2

If you search for that, you will find the entire product line, available in tin or gold plating. They do not stock white, with gold plating, but they do stock red and black with gold plating, also any color with tin.

I'm thinking this 3.5mm will work:

STX-3150-3N

It says that it is switched, but according to the catalog/data sheet, it isn't. It's a half mm off here and there, but I think it will work. Cobaltmute or tomb will have to chime in, I'm not sure.

Oct 31, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #499 of 675
The laser-etcher made a mistake, so I've ordered more endplates to have them done again.  Unfortunately, that will take another 2-3 weeks.
frown.gif

Oct 31, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #503 of 675
Quote:
I'm guessing it's the grave accent (`) over the p. Either way they look superb, a mistake like that certainly wouldn't bother me.

You get the cigar!  It was actually a note leader's arrowhead in my drawing (identifying the type of font).  I don't blame him at all, though.  I was disappointed, but stuff happens and it was an honest mistake.  His work is simply outstanding.  He's even paying for the mistake - one can't ask anymore than that.

Oct 31, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #504 of 675
Quote:
Quote:
I'm guessing it's the grave accent (`) over the p. Either way they look superb, a mistake like that certainly wouldn't bother me.

You get the cigar!  It was actually a note leader's arrowhead in my drawing (identifying the type of font).  I don't blame him at all, though.  I was disappointed, but stuff happens and it was an honest mistake.  His work is simply outstanding.  He's even paying for the mistake - one can't ask anymore than that.

Nope, and I agree, collector's item! I actually thought it was some sort of embellishment to the font, that was intentional!

Nov 1, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #508 of 675
Do you guys think this will fit as the 3.5mm?
Some of the pins are off by as much as 1/2 mm, will that be a problem?
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Kycon/STX-3150-3N/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMv0W4pxf2HiV3p8sCuGBLybHE9Af3%252bGhVk%3d

And these for the RCAs?
http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=KLPX-0848A-2

Nov 1, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #509 of 675
Quote:
I have to say that tomb has done some fantastic work on the case. I've had some input in the graphics and that, but he has done an outstanding job in putting the work together.

Many thanks!!  And to the rest of you, too!

'Course, a lot of the issue has been trying to get that cobalt-blue color for some reason.
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

P.S. Yes, cobalt-blue is actually a bit darker.  However, the color of the case is a shade or two darker than in the digital images.  It's very hard to get both the actual color shade and still show the aluminum sheen that's present to the naked eye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back