My DAC-AH died after passive bypass mod!
Mar 30, 2007 at 2:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

vvs_75

500+ Head-Fier
Hi All!
I bypassed the active output stage into passive output with two 2.2uF caps and two 100k resistors on my DAC-AH. Also I replaced 274R (R35, 36) resistors with correct 160R for 6v. Now I am getting nothing from output RCA.
I checked TDA1543 dacs getting 6v IN and 3.3v out (I adjust trim pot to 3.3v).
Everything looks good.

So I checked my player coax output with multimeter and there is Zero coming out. No V/A signal of any kind.

What normaly should come from the coax?

It could be a coincidence but player works fine.

Any ideas what else it could be?

Thank you guys for your time!

Mar 30, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #2 of 4
You won't be able to measure anything meaningful from the coax output with a multimetre.

Chances are you could have cooked your chip. You upped the voltage, did you consider that higher voltage means higher current draw and higher power dissipation?

Mar 30, 2007 at 12:00 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You won't be able to measure anything meaningful from the coax output with a multimetre.

Chances are you could have cooked your chip. You upped the voltage, did you consider that higher voltage means higher current draw and higher power dissipation?

If the dacs eight in parallel or four per channel shouldn’t be everything still working if one chip died?

Here is information that I collected:

"Yeah, just measure the DC voltage (with no sound input) on the top of C38 and C39. That's also AOR and AOL of the DACs. 3.3V will put the outputs in the "sweet spot" which is halfway between 6V-1.2V and 1.8V (the max spec output swing). You will probably see a slight difference between the left and right channels. Just set the average to 3.3V."

Severall people did it without any problems.

Could it be that I fried digital receiver cx8414?

Also how can I check which chip I cooked?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back