My Corda 2Move arrived today! :P
Mar 19, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #121 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You may change your stance if you saw a movie I took that shows the plugs easily popping out of the jacks with only slight handling....

But overall, it isn't a big fuss as Dr. Meier is providing support to people with this issue.

How abt changing plugs? I changed to a higher quality one and it fits much better.
tongue.gif

Anyway my ipod is fixed onto the corda2 with Velcro. Whole interconnect 4 inches. I dun have problem with it. =)

Mar 19, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #122 of 224
The Jacks on mine would occasionally start to sound bad and / or one channel would drop out so I would have to wiggle either the line in or the headphone out until it went away. It should not do that. I'm using good jacks - a Qables iPod line out adapter (Silver) and my HD 580's.

Mar 19, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #123 of 224
I don't think anyone is saying there is a problem with the jacks that Jan is putting in the amps, I think it is just a matter of spacing, and only on some of the 2moves. He said that he increased space as a fail-safe measure to prevent people putting too much pressure on the jack, and as a result, sometimes there is a little too much space. I get the impression that it is a little different for each individual amp, and sometimes there isn't enough room to get the plug securely in all the way. And it is even less of a problem since Jan is being so helpful to anyone who has experienced this. Customer service has been top notch the whole way for me so far. To echo others, I must say that my first impression of the 2move (I haven't even received yet) is that it is backed by a greatly helpful and responsive designer.

Mar 20, 2008 at 2:27 AM Post #125 of 224
I am not having any trouble with my jacks, but it does not get moved around a lot. The plug for my d2000's fits in nice and snug, it requires a decent amount of force to remove, but it does come out kind of easy if you spin it though, no complaints from me really though.

Mar 22, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #126 of 224
I just ordered a 2move, it should be here in 2-3 days, very excited!
biggrin.gif

Meanwhile, I have a question about the DAC on it, has anyone ever done a comparison between the 2Move and Pico(using both of their onboard DACs)? are they comparable? well I guess it'll have to include the amp section as well since everything is integrated & there is no line-out on either...

I'm also very interested to hear some feedback if anyone has done a comparison between the 2move(using its DAC) & his sound card, especially the audigy series SC.

The reason I would like to know those is because I know that it is a great amp(from many people's rave review), but i'm not sure about the quality of its DAC. If the built-in DAC is not very good, I'll consider 1) getting a separate DAC; 2) return the 2move and get a Pico.
Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Mar 22, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #128 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by shinew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Meanwhile, I have a question about the DAC on it, has anyone ever done a comparison between the 2Move and Pico(using both of their onboard DACs)? are they comparable?

I'm also very interested to hear some feedback if anyone has done a comparison between the 2move(using its DAC) & his sound card, especially the audigy series SC.

The Pico and 2Move's DAC's are comparable to my ears. I didn't spend enough time to determine which is the truly better DAC (as I don't care about that function much since I use optical) but they are at least in the same league.

The 2Move's DAC was significantly better than my Audigy2 ZS. It sounded more dynamic and I thought the detail was excellent.

Mar 23, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #129 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Pico and 2Move's DAC's are comparable to my ears. I didn't spend enough time to determine which is the truly better DAC (as I don't care about that function much since I use optical) but they are at least in the same league.

The 2Move's DAC was significantly better than my Audigy2 ZS. It sounded more dynamic and I thought the detail was excellent.

Thanks for the reply, that's very helpful. If anyone else has also tested those 2, please comment.
I wonder if it makes sense or worth it at all to get a separate DAC for home use with 2move, and maybe few months later get a decent home amp. Nothing fancy, maybe the Zero DAC or HR's microDAC. I would also like it to be somewhat "portable", meaning if I were to go on a trip, I can bring it, doesn't have to be battery powered but that would be a nice feature to have nevertheless. I wonder if I'll notice any improvement in sound if I go this route.

Mar 29, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #130 of 224
Anyone tried the move 2corda with the hd595?How it sound?Some improvements?

I was planing to get this amp to use with the hd595, but since the 595 seems to show better improvements with tube amps(i can't afford them), I don't know if the move 2corda will worth the extra 100€ over the emu 0202 that I was planning to get in first place.

Mar 29, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #131 of 224
If you want price/performance, portable is not the way to go. There are desktop tube amps that are in the sub-250 dollar range.

Take a look at the Little Dot amps and the Darkvoice amps.

Though I think my 2move was a smart buy, since I plan to get a high end Meier desktop amp in the near future.

Mar 29, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #132 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want price/performance, portable is not the way to go. There are desktop tube amps that are in the sub-250 dollar range.

Take a look at the Little Dot amps and the Darkvoice amps.

Though I think my 2move was a smart buy, since I plan to get a high end Meier desktop amp in the near future.

Yes I know, but since I live in Portugal, I'm afraid of ordering a tube amp outside of Europe because of the duty and tax's.

Mar 29, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #133 of 224
I actually bought an Arietta at the same time as my 2Move and I have mostly been using the Arietta with my 595s. The sound is very airy and full. I would definitely recommend you get an Arietta to go with your HD 595.

Mar 29, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #134 of 224
Yeah, i have been thinking in getting the Arietta too, but i don't have a dac(a decent one), so with the dac it will go over my budget(well, if there is a cheap dac that sound good with the Arietta, the things would be different) and the Cantate with Dac is just overkill.

Apr 2, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #135 of 224
Huzzah! My amp arrived yesterday, and I haven't posted yet, because I have been listening to music... really listening. I am listening on HD 595s and for all the talk about bass deficiency on that set of cans, the 2move more than compensates. (I am not a basshead, but even I can tell the difference -it is just tighter and more present.)

Also, a note about the crossfeed, I know people have commented that it doesn't do anything 'noticeable' and here is my reply. I don't 'notice' anything like "man that cymbal crash was just in my right ear, BUT THEN it was in my left ear also, delayed by a split second and mildly attenuated! Just like it would be in real life!" What I have noticed instead, is that after listening for 5 straight hours to all kinds of music, I no longer get this bizarre headache that cries out for me to pull the headphones off and blink hard for a few minutes. The sound is pulled to the front of me, without making it obvious what is going on (or creating a mono effect).

Oh, the DAC is sweet too, especially from my otherwise dying laptop.

So that is what I have for now, this amp deserves a LOT more exploring, and I will post back after more burn-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back