My Corda 2Move arrived today! :P
Mar 4, 2008 at 11:05 AM Post #106 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by KTamas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I just did it, thanks.

Please keep us informed! I'm quite keen on picking up a 2Move, pending a listen on my laptop at my local store......

Mar 4, 2008 at 11:34 AM Post #107 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please keep us informed! I'm quite keen on picking up a 2Move, pending a listen on my laptop at my local store......

Mr. Meier's answer:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Meier
I've sold over 200 amplifiers but only a handfull of people
have experienced some problems. However, I could shorten the
PCB for you if you like me to. That will make the jacks less
recessed.

The jacks are made slightly recessed on purpose. Thus any
excessive force exerted on the plugs will be absorbed by the
faceplate.

I asked him to send me a slightly less recessed version, now I'm only waiting for his confirmation so I can transfer the money. I'm getting a 2Move, baby!

On a slightly unrelated issue, everytime I open Safari and go to head-fi.org I hear tiny screams from my bag. I'm pretty sure it's my wallet...
biggrin.gif

Mar 4, 2008 at 12:48 PM Post #108 of 224
That sounds very encouraging from Jan. Looks like a sorta non-issue, and then he offers a customized version to boot for those who are concerned. I'd get one, too. Toss-up b/w this product and the new D2, and the mere $50 difference may drive my decision. If I get the D2 and have any issues with that, then I'd' be comfy getting a 2Move instead. I've owned a porta corda II in the past and was satisfied. Thanks for sharing Jan's email reply...

Mar 4, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #109 of 224
yeah, i dont think its a deal breaker because the sound quality is just perfect for the price. i'll give mine a little filing down too probably because i do want to give this thing a good testing on the go strapped to my mp3 player and running off batteries, so hopefully the jacks/battery cover becomes a non issue with that.

Mar 8, 2008 at 12:00 PM Post #110 of 224
As long as you have a portable amp which uses conventional 9V batteries, you will always have the issue of perfectly fitting the battery inside the compartment since their size slightly differ by different manufacturers. This issue is easily remedied by adjusting the black foam attached to the battery compartment lid of my Move. My understanding is that the new 2Move has an improved battery door, so you are better off now than owners of the previous Move.

In any case, I think it is much better using batteries than being worried about replacing an internal rechargeable battery later on. Since the amp section of the 2move supposedly is the same as the previous Move which I own, I only have great praise to give the Move and I highly recommend this amp. Even with the supposedly mid-quality DAC of my older version Move, I could not help but smile at the sound I was getting from my PC USB fed into my Ultrasone Proline 750.

Anyone contemplating purchasing the new 2Move, you can't go wrong with this great product which now includes the improved battery door and a supposedly highly improved DAC (maybe except for the funny engraving on the casing which is not particularly to my liking). Now, if someone could verify how great this new DAC is, I would appreciate your comments.

Mar 8, 2008 at 12:49 PM Post #111 of 224
Last night I decided to return mine to Jan Meier. I would just sell it here, but the plug pop out issue needs to be remedied (which Jan agreed to repair...I've already tried and failed). But by the time I pay for shipping to Germany, I might as well give it up then and cut my losses.

The battery fit issue is easily overcome, but the jacks on the unit just make me feel too squirrely (same issues I described earlier).

I would still recommend this amp to anyone...as long as they're not as picky as I am. The sound quality definitely holds its own with many amps that cost twice as much.

Mar 15, 2008 at 9:37 AM Post #112 of 224
So I got mine today. Put in a 9V battery (wow. I didn't think it really needed that much force to close that battery door...), hooked up to my iTouch's line out, put in some music, connected my PX100s (my KSC75s are on repair) and.... *jaw drops*

Amazing. The iPody distorted bass is completely gone, replaced with much tighter and controlled, clear bass. The mids are very nice, the highs are just perfect. It completely transformed my PX100s... no more overpowered, loose, muddy bass (quantity was replaced by quality!), better mids and highs (unfortunatelly there is still roll-off in the highs but that is the limit of the PX100s).

Interestingly, to my ears it sounds slightly better from the iTouch lineout than the DAC but still, the DAC is very nice, beats the hell out of my poor MacBooks internal soundcard.

My only complain would only be that I'd appreciate a little more bass in quantity but I'm more than happy with the quality.

Mar 18, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #113 of 224
Hey, I am new to this business of sweet amps, but just ordered one of these from Jan after extensive research [read: hunting through threads while I should be sleeping], and I am really excited. So far he has been utterly helpful and responsive to all my inquiries.
I am a little worried about the jack issue, but was curious if there was anyone on here who does not have any issues with the hp jacks. Also I was wondering what interconnects come with the amp. I am not sure if I want to get qables until I know what my player will be (LOD v. LOD v. mini-mini & I might be switching soon...). Stupid bank accounts.

Mar 18, 2008 at 6:17 PM Post #114 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by (gregor) /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also I was wondering what interconnects come with the amp. I am not sure if I want to get qables until I know what my player will be (LOD v. LOD v. mini-mini & I might be switching soon...). Stupid bank accounts.

The interconnects provided are fairly standard (mine came with two). If you would like a nice interconnect now to tide you over, get yourself a Cardas HP1. They're around $14 and represent a great deal for the money. I think Headroom and TTVJ have them.

Mar 18, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #115 of 224
Sweet, I actually just saw that stuff on TTVJ, I think I am putting an order in for other stuff anyway, so that works.
The other question I just remembered is if anyone found a nice power supply for this beast, that is not a radioshack frankenstein. I have heard of people using cell chargers for amps sometimes, and while this is probably a long shot, I would certainly dig that over a stupid pick-a-volt / pick-a-tip charger that costs 34059846% more than it ought...

Mar 18, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #116 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by (gregor) /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am a little worried about the jack issue, but was curious if there was anyone on here who does not have any issues with the hp jacks.

I don't. I ordered mine specifically with less recessed jacks though.

Mar 19, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #117 of 224
When I first plugged it into my Thinkpad I did not have the volumn set to max and I was like what the
confused.gif
F! Then I read the instructions
biggrin.gif
and I was very happy. I do agree that (to my ears) the DAC on my iPod Classic 160 sounds better then the one in the 2Move but the amp rocks either way. As for the Wall Wart thing I just got these from Thomas Distributing;

iPOWER 9 Volt 500mAh Lithium Polymer Rechargeable Batteries

Along with the charger (need special charger for Lithium).

I think this makes the most since - no worries about noise from the wall wart - long battery life (500mAh) - and since Lithium batteries keep at or near full output until they die you should get the best sound out of your amp.

I definately have had issues with the rca jacks but so far it has not been a deal breaker. I do think these should be changed though.

Mar 19, 2008 at 12:24 PM Post #118 of 224
Good call on the batteries Hulk, I need to order some of those bad boys
Quote:

Originally Posted by KTamas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't. I ordered mine specifically with less recessed jacks though.

I just spoke with Jan before he shipped out, and he is shaving down the PCB on mine also.
icon10.gif

Mar 19, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #119 of 224
Whats wrong with the jacks? I think kinda big fuss were kicked over. Unless u are throwing yr ipod and amp around, the jacks definitely will come off. I agree that the jack inputs are slightly different from other amps, but to me its not even a defect, its Meier design. Unique.
wink.gif

Mar 19, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #120 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by iboey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree that the jack inputs are slightly different from other amps, but to me its not even a defect, its Meier design. Unique.
wink.gif

You may change your stance if you saw a movie I took that shows the plugs easily popping out of the jacks with only slight handling....

But overall, it isn't a big fuss as Dr. Meier is providing support to people with this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back