My co-worker is a piece of crap
Sep 14, 2005 at 9:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

wakeride74

Headphoneus Supremus
It seems that you either do work you like and dislike most of the people or dislike the work and like the people. Hard to find a good combo IMO.

I do identity theft and financial crimes investigations and there is only one other guy here that does it and he sucks serious @ss! He is one of those guys that is very protective of his work (doesn't want others to know his job) and makes everything he does way bigger than it is; acts like there are few qualified to do xyz. Anyways we had a disagreement on a fraud case (which was a very small deal) about 2+ weeks ago and he's barley said 2 words to me since.

I've tried to be nice and I don't hold any grudges but I've come to the conclusion that he must be threatened by me or something. In reality he is just a selfish spoiled little girl. What???

Anyone else work with people that really suck?

Sep 14, 2005 at 10:20 PM Post #2 of 35
i currently work with someone who is a nice enough guy, but it's like working with an attention starved 10 year old. he is constantly cracking really juvenile "jokes", whistling to himself (high pitched, piercing tuneless whistle) and interrupting work to tell another worthless anectdote about his pointless life. it's gotten to where just about everyone in the lab just ignores him.

Sep 14, 2005 at 11:54 PM Post #3 of 35
I work with my best friend, and really love what I'm doing. And it's only us two, so it's even better!

No complaints here
tongue.gif

Sep 15, 2005 at 2:33 AM Post #5 of 35
Not really...

Everyone I work with is much older than I am (post-docs) and has this whole surfer-dude-mentality type thing going on. There's some people (grad students) who don't know what they're doing but they don't get in my way.

Apparently that's the way the Salk Institute is in most labs...

-Matt

Sep 15, 2005 at 2:34 AM Post #6 of 35
I currently work with a guy who's a total %$*&?@#$
mad.gif

I am an analyst for the government on a public program and my %$*&?@#$ coworker is the lead or "liason" of this program. Every morning, he'd trade stocks in his cubicle and then print out his transactions on the office printer. Or he would interview potential tenants for his income property on the office phone. He let claims sit on his desk for 2 years, until I discovered them....then he gives the work to me. The result was $120,000 in interest payments that otherwise would've benefitted low-income families. On top of that, he has a problem of always blaming others for his own faults. I confronted him once on that issue by telling him "You have a problem of blaming others!" And his response was "Yes, I know."
rolleyes.gif
My supervisor, aka his college buddy, wouldn't give me a performance evaluation because I would've spill the beans on this guy. He is currently applying for other positions in the government, during working hours, so that he can get his retirement pension based on a higher salary.

Sep 15, 2005 at 3:12 AM Post #7 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundboy
I currently work with a guy who's a total %$*&?@#$
mad.gif

I am an analyst for the government on a public program and my %$*&?@#$ coworker is the lead or "liason" of this program. Every morning, he'd trade stocks in his cubicle and then print out his transactions on the office printer. Or he would interview potential tenants for his income property on the office phone. He let claims sit on his desk for 2 years, until I discovered them....then he gives the work to me. The result was $120,000 in interest payments that otherwise would've benefitted low-income families. On top of that, he has a problem of always blaming others for his own faults. I confronted him once on that issue by telling him "You have a problem of blaming others!" And his response was "Yes, I know."
rolleyes.gif
My supervisor, aka his college buddy, wouldn't give me a performance evaluation because I would've spill the beans on this guy. He is currently applying for other positions in the government, during working hours, so that he can get his retirement pension based on a higher salary.

doesn't the government have a whistleblowing hotline? crap like that wouldn't get past my desk before i laid the "TERMINATED" sledgehammer on that fool.

Sep 15, 2005 at 3:16 AM Post #8 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c
thats why you work alone at home.

Yep. In my first month I made nearly $40,000 out of my tiny, one bedroom apartment! I soon realized I could start making more money working a few hours a week from home than at my full time day job! I now work only from home and am one step closer to Financial Freedom. My net worth is over $10,000,000 and I plan to retire at the age of 30.
biggrin.gif

Sep 15, 2005 at 3:26 AM Post #9 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Imyourzero
Yep. In my first month I made nearly $40,000 out of my tiny, one bedroom apartment! I soon realized I could start making more money working a few hours a week from home than at my full time day job! I now work only from home and am one step closer to Financial Freedom. My net worth is over $10,000,000 and I plan to retire at the age of 30.
biggrin.gif

So if you want to know the secret of success send your check or money order to my Nigerian bank account and I will send you my self published book to becoming a billionaire before you're 30!

Sep 15, 2005 at 3:49 AM Post #10 of 35
"My net worth is over $10,000,000"

Maybe you could pry lose a few dollars and get some good audio equipment with that 10,000,000?

Headphone Amp Inventory:
- Xin SuperMacro V3 w/4 feature switches -- Current opamps: OPA627s

PC sound cards:
- E-MU 0404
- Chaintech AV-710
- Audigy 2

Sep 15, 2005 at 3:53 AM Post #11 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Imyourzero
biggrin.gif

I saw you on that 3:00AM infomercial. You're my hero!!!

Anyways for the thread topic - I think I'm the one who sucks
tongue.gif

Most of my cowerkers are pretty cool, so that means I must be the jerk, right? Well, I guess this one other guy can be overly sarcastic and annoying sometimes (injecting his extremist political & religious views into almost anything), but he's cool the rest of the time. The work itself can be slow and dull sometimes, but overall it's a decently sweet deal. The trick with computer programming is to find your fun/satisfaction/fulfillment outside of work
icon10.gif

Sep 15, 2005 at 4:13 AM Post #12 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
doesn't the government have a whistleblowing hotline? crap like that wouldn't get past my desk before i laid the "TERMINATED" sledgehammer on that fool.

Apparently, this is tolerated
confused.gif

My coworker also routinely visit various phone companies in Southern California for "field visits". Whenever he does this, he calls up his son, who lives there, and they get together. Everyone within my coworker's voice can hear him and his son on the phone (my coworker doesn't hide this) discussing plans. One time, during a group meeting, my supervisor asked me where was my %$*&?@#$ coworker. I told him that he was on a "field visit" in Southern California. Then my supervisor said to me, "So he's visiting his son?" And this was in front of ten other people in the room, including my supervisor's boss. So his superiors know....yet they tolerated it.

My %$*&?@#$ coworker always brat that he's an engineer (especially on the Diablo Canyon nuclear power plan - the one that was build backward because the blueprints were read backwards). Several months ago, I saw an invoice in which the State government paid his engineer license renewal fees (about $200.00). Since my %$*&?@#$ coworker is working as an analyst, why should us taxpayers pay for his engineer license fee? I spoke with our fiscal department and they agreed with me; they asked for the money back from my %$*&?@#$ coworker.

Sep 15, 2005 at 5:11 AM Post #13 of 35
Is your boss nice? I went up for a massive vent the other day after the only guy I hate there caused a ****up of collosal proportions because of his arogance and stupidity. End result was that my boss now knows I cant tollerate him and shuffles the roster aroudn to make sure we are working different days or on opposite sides of the area.

Sep 15, 2005 at 5:32 AM Post #14 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
and he's barley said 2 words to me since.

My experience with this type of situation.............well, it's very hard to converse with a piece of crap, so I usually just flush it and forget about it. If he's putting up a "stink" just flush him and carry on.
wink.gif

Sep 15, 2005 at 6:02 AM Post #15 of 35
My E4C's and SM3 are even more appreciated
etysmile.gif

He's not even the kind of guy you'd want to punch, he's really such a girl I think he needs to be slapped
kickingscreaming.gif

Oh well... not worth bandwidth it's printed on...err somethin like that
plainface.gif

Soundboy -you have my sympathies... there are plenty of @ssholes that work in government and should really be in mental hospitals... IMHO

Aman & fr4c .... uhhh... u guys suck
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back