My cat tore up my Virtual Dynamics Power 3...
Apr 23, 2008 at 8:29 AM Post #706 of 773
BigShot:

Nice call...

Andrew D.

biggrin.gif

May 25, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #707 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzlepaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interestingly enough I have the preliminary results of a DBT of our interconnects in my email inbox. We won't be presenting them until the middle of May (once the paper is finished) but it shows a definite correlation between the dynamic filtering and SOL (magnet) technologies and an increase in slew rate.

I realize that just having my word on it isn't gonna be good anough for anyone, it wouldn't be good enough for me... Which is why we are putting in the money and time to have them tested by a third party (which doesn't mean we are paying to have them tested... the testing is being done for free, the money is the investment of materials, shipping, plane tickets to go down and film the results, ect.)

So yeah, if that is really all it is gonna take Bigshot, then I expect a sales order from you to be crossing Rita's desk within 3 months or so... assuming that you aren't misrepresenting your position. There does remain the possibility, however, that you aren't actually interested in improving your sound and your components, but intellectually invested in stroking your ego on this board. I'm going to be generous and assume you actually meant what you said... :wink:

Additionally, when you talk about our markups, do you want us to increase the price? Because if we were to bring our cables in line with other products in our industry we would have to double our current listed retail, at a minimum. Production cost is something we are trying quite hard to reduce, but getting the cables built in China just doesn't seem like a viable idea for us.

The best way for us to bring production costs, and therefore the price to our end user, down at this point is for us to increase our volume, which means increasing market share. We're working on that.

-Brad

PS. The results will be out sometime after May 5th.

Is there news?

Jun 12, 2008 at 9:11 AM Post #709 of 773
Ah, reading this thread brought a smile
smily_headphones1.gif
I once came home, to find my cat had dug his way thru the woofer on my Thiel CS2, and pulled the stuffing material out. I also had to have the thing taken apart to repair it, and unfortunately I found out it was *not* made of cheap bits, but instead very rare, expensive Dynaudio D28 AF tweeter and Vifa woofer
frown.gif

As luck would have it, my shipper destroyed the speaker when I moved, and I got reimbursed the full value. My cat is also much happier with his new scratching post than my speakers
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 13, 2008 at 9:15 AM Post #711 of 773
I've already been there. Lucky he'd managed to rip the pads off my RS-1s, and was busy tearing them up into a million little bits. I'm sure if he'd gone for the driver housings instead, they would have lasted about two seconds!

Jun 13, 2008 at 12:32 PM Post #712 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by gz76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've already been there. Lucky he'd managed to rip the pads off my RS-1s, and was busy tearing them up into a million little bits. I'm sure if he'd gone for the driver housings instead, they would have lasted about two seconds!

This is the exact reason my headphones are put away and not hung on a stand. We've all seen what my cat can do.

I went on vacation a few years back and I left my HD201 plugged into my PC, when we came back the plug was still in the computer and the headphones were on the floor. but the cable was in the bedroom.

Jun 14, 2008 at 9:43 PM Post #713 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by SamNOISE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I was the manufacturer of a product which was as controversial as power cables, and I had the opportunity to prove to a non-believer that my products were not snake-oil, I would jump at the chance!

Well, they tried to do it with me, and let me tell you that they failed miserably, the cable did not make any change in my system at all. Not being satisfied, after that one, I tried a couple more, and the same exact result, so I have no other choice that keep on beleiving the same way...Next!!!
wink.gif

Guys do you really believe that an article that is worth $250.00, $500.00, $1000.00, or even $100.00 to a company, can be given away in bulk, like they did, just at shipping cost??? Or at 50% off for months??? Not sure, but IMO there is a math that is not very clear here...Capitalism with no profits???
rolleyes.gif

Jun 14, 2008 at 10:02 PM Post #714 of 773
Honestly you guys can't be mad.

They say all of this on their website under the power 3 cables.

"The power Three is built upon something simple."

and they are not joking. This is an enjoyable thread to read...

Jun 14, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #717 of 773
Nah, Al already knows how I feel so I cut it out. I just think if there was an ancillary product to the one I represented that people I trusted felt enhanced what I offered, even if I disagreed with them, I would keep quiet about it. I would have no dog in this fight...

Jun 16, 2008 at 9:37 PM Post #719 of 773
I think we're being a bit hard on cats - without this playful feline we would never have discovered this rip-off!

People regularly disassemble their amps and headphones, but rarely cables. At least not fully. Has this humble cat started a revolution?

cat_headphones.gif

Jun 16, 2008 at 9:55 PM Post #720 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by mojo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think we're being a bit hard on cats - without this playful feline we would never have discovered this rip-off!

People regularly disassemble their amps and headphones, but rarely cables. At least not fully. Has this humble cat started a revolution?

cat_headphones.gif

My cat seems intent on the further "unraveling" of this cable mystery!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back