My cat tore up my Virtual Dynamics Power 3...
Jun 23, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #751 of 773
So Virtual Dynamics pulled out of sponsorship?

Gee, they disappeared just when they were going to put out the big study proving all the skeptics wrong.

I'd still like to see the final version of the study.

Jun 24, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #752 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by pompon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... good job to not permit us anymore to have samples and contest to win cables.

You're welcome. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you
rolleyes.gif

Jun 24, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #754 of 773
Will all this peaple saying all this negative thing .. was the best thing to do.

I have somes of their cables and it's the best I heard. The only complain is the rigidity ... it's difficult to install and do a clean installation.

Jun 24, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #755 of 773
Quote:

The only complain is the rigidity ... it's difficult to install and do a clean installation.

This was my major complaint. VERY difficult to get behind my amps and player without lifting my Melos right off the table
smily_headphones1.gif
I was using the Master series IC's. Never used one of their power cords.

Jun 24, 2008 at 7:26 AM Post #756 of 773
Quote:

I have somes of their cables and it's the best I heard. The only complain is the rigidity ... it's difficult to install and do a clean installation.

They should use softer plastic tubing. The better quality stuff is more flexible but still does not kink. It looks like they used the really cheap stuff.

Jun 24, 2008 at 7:53 AM Post #757 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by mojo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They should use softer plastic tubing. The better quality stuff is more flexible but still does not kink. It looks like they used the really cheap stuff.

Well, the more stuff you put on it, the stiffer it will get, especially if you add those nylon netting on the outside. Making big cable that is soft and flexible is actually harder than it would seem to most people...

Jun 24, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #758 of 773
Freud would have a field day with this discussion!

See ya
Steve

Jun 24, 2008 at 5:55 PM Post #759 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, the more stuff you put on it, the stiffer it will get, especially if you add those nylon netting on the outside. Making big cable that is soft and flexible is actually harder than it would seem to most people...

Elco. They do it, and they are VERY light and flexible. My bet is that using a garden hose as an encasing and adding saltpetre or whatever it is in there is the culprit
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 24, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #760 of 773
Saltpetre would *definitely* not make it stiffer!

See ya
Steve

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #762 of 773
Amazing that they promised this test/report that was going to prove their claims for once and for all . . . and now not only has the test/report gone missing in action but they disappear as well?

No, that doesn't look shady at all!

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #763 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Elco. They do it, and they are VERY light and flexible. My bet is that using a garden hose as an encasing and adding saltpetre or whatever it is in there is the culprit
evil_smiley.gif

Well, that's why I said harder.
wink.gif
Especially hard when you use thick single strand wire like they do. I've recently been testing cable that contains 2mm * 2 solid core wire it in, and it gets rather stiff compared to some of the cables that I've tried before.

Jun 25, 2008 at 6:07 AM Post #764 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe if they just didn't use plastic tubing to artificially bulk up their cable and try to make it look more expensive than it is...

Jul 28, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #765 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoustic Chef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What profit?

Sandblasting is only used in the power 3 and Basic.

Lets dissect another cable shall we?
genesisp0rnpm5.jpg

: O !
eek.gif
eek.gif

I'm still reading this thread from page 1... went across this and now at page 22. Moving on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back