My Car is a Lemon
Apr 21, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #61 of 83
They have offered me a replacement vehichle today.

I rejected it

I want a refund

I told the lawyer if they even mention the words wear and tear, I will be at the dealer with my lemon coustom giving out lemonade. He said lets give them a chance to do the right thing. I said they have been given that chance.

Apr 21, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #62 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by John2e /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They have offered me a replacement vehichle today.

I rejected it

I want a refund

At least that's a huge improvement from their original stance - you're getting somewhere.

Note that refund will be much harder to negotiate than replacement. I didn't say "not possible", but "much harder".

Apr 21, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #63 of 83
Service manager claims I will have the problem with all 08 A6's

He tried to convince me to upgrade to th 09 super chargerd engine ( coincediently a brand new engine design)

Might have considered that a few weeks ago but now, I want to sever all ties with Audi

Apr 22, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #65 of 83
Quote:

The loaner car's check engine light just went on.

Someone stop me I am actually thinking about the A8

Go ahead and buy the A8, and relish the anger and hatred and wasted time of your life.

Apr 22, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #66 of 83
they agreed to buy the car back.

Now what?

Infinity M35X
Lexus LS
BMW 5

I have no clue. I really thought I was making a good decission with the A6. My wifes faimily drives all Audis and they have never had any issues. At faimily gatherings it looks like an Audi motorist club. Most have the 8's but there are some 4's.

Apr 22, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #67 of 83
You can't go wrong with a Lexus LS. That would be my first choice in an instant. They will run to 500k+ miles if you wanted to keep it that long.

I'm just not a fan of German cars in general. Too many electronic gadgets, not of tried and true design, that always seem to be failing and keeping one in the shop.

Apr 22, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #71 of 83
first of all, congrats on getting this close to closure.
perhaps the Lexus or the Infinity is a good idea so you can stay away from those German manufacturers?
If I was in your shoes right now, I would go for the Infiniti and would enjoy every moment that my wife got to drive it!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 22, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #72 of 83
Driving a Lexus is like driving an upgraded Camry. Not a bad car, but ultimately boring and lacking in anything that actually makes you want to drive it (i.e. the fun-to-drive factor).

Apr 22, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #75 of 83
Quote:

I just purchased a 2009 Infinity M35X

Thanks everyone who contributed to this thread. It really made me feel like I was not alone in this matter.

wow such a nondescript car you could be CIA or P.I.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back