"My Bose are better than your Beyers." how do I respond to this?!
Feb 22, 2005 at 8:56 AM Post #91 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter_Killer
The correct response is to beat seven shapes of sh!t out of him

LOL, what the crap does that mean? I'm laughing so hard and I don't get the saying at all! Waiting for a clarification on the punch line,
Abe

Feb 22, 2005 at 10:55 AM Post #92 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
LOL, what the crap does that mean? I'm laughing so hard and I don't get the saying at all! Waiting for a clarification on the punch line,
Abe

It means that he needs to give that freshman the flogging of his lifetime! Glad you enjoy the joke, but there is a hint of seriousness in it.

Feb 22, 2005 at 1:06 PM Post #93 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
Their problem is marketing and false advertising, making people think they are the best when they are actually one of the worst. And ON TOP of that, their price
tongue.gif
erformance ratio is absolutely terrible.

Thats the essense of marketing. If they manage to sell lots of them and for such a high price then their marketing is totally successful. Now if thats good for users thats another thing.
tongue.gif

Feb 23, 2005 at 12:33 AM Post #94 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter_Killer
It means that he needs to give that freshman the flogging of his lifetime! Glad you enjoy the joke, but there is a hint of seriousness in it.

True! If anyone actually messed with my stash and badmouthed it, the bloody person would be in for quite the thrashing
wink.gif

Good thing no one does, or has yet.
Decipher this:
"donut steel mustache!"
A message to five finger discounters of my belongings!
icon10.gif
Abe

Feb 27, 2005 at 2:59 PM Post #96 of 107
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but there's only one surefire way to win this argument. Follow this script to the letter:

"Nuh-uh"
To which he will likely counter with:
"Uh-huh"
You then parry with:
"Nuh-uh"
If he's clever, he'll retort:
"Uh-huh"
Now, here's where you make your move. You not only give him the emphatic "Nuh-uh!" (with extra volume and accentuating the last syllable), but you then also put your hands on your hips and (this is the best part) stick your tongue out. Slam!

There's just no way to recover from this. I've used it many times to great success, though I confess, not in about 30 years. Rejoice in your victory over the vanquished, content in the knowledge that your superior debating abilities have won the day.
wink.gif

Feb 27, 2005 at 4:13 PM Post #97 of 107
"My Bose are better than your beyers."

"Kinda like how your mom is, surprisingly, better than your sister."
eek.gif
tongue.gif

Feb 27, 2005 at 8:24 PM Post #99 of 107
"My Bose are better than your Beyers."

"Bull#$% Don't tell me you're one of these people that's been sucked in by Bose's slick marketing. Bose is overpriced, over promoted crap. Knock half of price off and then it'd be competitive" (A slight exagerration but only to press the point and counter his arrogance)

Feb 27, 2005 at 8:57 PM Post #100 of 107
There should be no counter necessary.

If you really need a counter, just tell him to go back and listen to his BLOSE QuietDistorted2 headphones.

Feb 28, 2005 at 2:59 AM Post #104 of 107
o wait i have a better idea, next time have a bouncer in your apartment to always pick him out or, beat him with his bose AND say look, your crappy boses broke or you can just ask him if hes actually heard his bose before, or you can slap him and say u my friend, i mean, a** wipe are no true audiophile!!
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

Feb 28, 2005 at 3:14 AM Post #105 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by sony_man
o wait i have a better idea, next time have a bouncer in your apartment to always pick him out or, beat him with his bose AND say look, your crappy boses broke or you can just ask him if hes actually heard his bose before, or you can slap him and say u my friend, i mean, a** wipe are no true audiophile!!
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

you are the nerdiest person i know. lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Back