My Baking Hobby...need help on cookies
Apr 6, 2006 at 4:03 PM Post #16 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
those cookies are like 1-2 dollars each just in ingredience (i got the recipts to prove it). you better offer more time than that!
tongue.gif

2 dollars each
confused.gif
It's nutmeg you're supposed to be using not hashish
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 6, 2006 at 10:58 PM Post #20 of 33
4 people say air pan thing
3 people say parchment
2 people say stack the pans
2 people want the cookies
icon10.gif

Parchment looks to cost less so i think i'll try that for now.. after i try stacking the pans.

Apr 6, 2006 at 11:01 PM Post #21 of 33
Putting margarine on the pan could cause the excess browning on the bottom. Cookies usually don't need a greased sheet to cook on because they have plenty of fat in them to begin with. Let us know how your experimenting works out.

Apr 7, 2006 at 1:57 AM Post #22 of 33
There are cookie sheet liners made from silicone by Silpat that work better than parchment, and of course, are reusable. They are fairly thick and insulate the bottom of the cookies nicely, while allowing that wonderful crust to form on the top of the cookie.

Apr 7, 2006 at 2:25 AM Post #23 of 33
Raisin got there first, darn.

I have been using Silpat's for a couple of years and I swear by them. No need to spray or grease. The bottoms brown at about the same rate as the tops. You get a very consistent product. The Silpat is the liner for the cookie sheet in place of parchment (in case that was not obvious).

I also recommend a convection oven if you have access to one. I have also tried putting shallow pan of water in the oven which can yield a moister product and is really excellent for baking bread.

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #24 of 33
okay, i put one group in the oven (12). double panned, and lower temperature, no margerine on the bottom.... if this turns out well then... good.
okay, 11 minutes later it was done; problem has been reduced by about 75 percent.. but still there.
wow, these are soo good... i noticed they were comming out mediorcre about half way so i added maple syrup to the final batch and wow!

Apr 7, 2006 at 5:45 AM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellafella321
ok, five minutes/cookie
smily_headphones1.gif

that might actually be worth it. just baked a perfect grouping of 40 less than an hour ago.

Apr 7, 2006 at 7:55 AM Post #28 of 33
There's another option I didn't see mentioned here. Your bank account may try to strangle me for suggesting this, but take a look at convection ovens. Since they heat more evenly, your baking will dramatically improve. That's what the pros use, and how commercial operations get consistently good results.

Another, less expensive, tool is a pizza/baking stone. They're quite good at evening out the heat applied. Not as good as a convection oven, but considerably more affordable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back