My apartment was robbed today.
Dec 7, 2001 at 2:20 AM Post #16 of 21
Damn that sucks man. Inform the 5-o and make sure then insurance company doesnt dick you.

Dec 7, 2001 at 2:46 AM Post #17 of 21
Check on your parents insurance policy to see if by chance would provide for replacement cost rather than actual cash value. This would allow you to replace the items rather than substitute items.

Dec 7, 2001 at 11:42 PM Post #18 of 21
Jeez, that's sucks...sorry to hear that D, I hope you recover soon.

Dec 8, 2001 at 12:01 AM Post #19 of 21
I was robbed once myself. Not audio/video; $1500 in fishing tackle, a lot of it out of production.

Worse than the loss is the feeling of being violated, standing there helplessly staring at the places where stuff was. It's been about 7 years and I still feel that way.

They caught the guy, and Florida's crowded jails, especially in Broward and Palm Beach Counties where he'd been on a burglary spree, resulted in 3 years probation. I just thank God I had moved to Orlando by the time they got him or I might have had a little free room and board myself.

I know that sympathy for your plight doesn't really help, but, there's a bunch of us out here feel for you.

Dec 8, 2001 at 3:46 AM Post #20 of 21
I am so sorry man. I feel deply for you. At least you are insured and nothing happened to you or your roomate. I am with the others, you need to get a home security system just in case. Take care.

Dec 8, 2001 at 6:27 AM Post #21 of 21
Thanks for the kind words, guys. I was really angry when I found out, but relieved to find out about the insurance. Apparently they cover full replacement value, meaning I go out and buy new stuff, send them the receipt, and they reimburse me.

At any rate, since I live in an apartment building, the security is pretty much up to the landlord, though we have already gotten the locks changed.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back