My amp builder ignores me, what to do to get my money back?
Jul 21, 2005 at 5:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

iban

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

since last week my amp builder doesn't respond to my emails anymore after I told him I was tired of waiting and wanted a refund or the tracknumbers of the (second) package he said he sent.

Since then, several emails I have sent, no response. He prefers to put his head in the sand and shows a true unprofessional attitude. Fyi, he always responded fast to my emails before saying he's got problems with this, sorry about that, the package is on its way, my supplier left me, I will send it Tuesday/Thursday/Friday (you can choose for yourself), the package is on its way (second time), etc, etc...

Does any of you have suggestions on how I can get my US$ 458,- back?
Any suggestion will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jul 21, 2005 at 5:49 PM Post #2 of 37
how did you pay? if you paid with credit card, call them up and explain what happened, they should give you your money back

Jul 21, 2005 at 5:50 PM Post #3 of 37
do a search here on your amp builder's name and you will find more info than you thought possible. That is if I'm reading between the lines correctly.

Jul 21, 2005 at 5:52 PM Post #4 of 37
I think the Head-Fi community needs to be alerted of this, does this person have a feedback thread? Maybe some negative feedback is needed?

I would continue trying to contact them via email, PM...any means necessary. Hopefully this person is just having a problem, and isn't really out to take your money
frown.gif

Jul 22, 2005 at 1:05 AM Post #7 of 37
Cause sometimes it's better to keep things b/w them. Things shouldn't go public without reason. I think it's why the thread starter is keeping the info vague. Stuff can blow out of proportion and names can be libeled quite easily, so it;'s usually better to play it safe for the time being.

Jul 22, 2005 at 1:25 AM Post #8 of 37
It really isn't a case of libel if the original poster is posting facts based on his side of the deal. He emails amp builder, amp builder does not respond, amp builder gives reasons/excuses why amp hasn't shipped. But, we are only hearing one side of the story.

I understand not posting the identity of the builder, but it really isn't fair to the buyer to have his emails ignored. Hopefully you can get things solved privately. Either way, there is a buyer/seller feedback forum where you can post feedback so others don't get this treatment.

Jul 22, 2005 at 1:29 AM Post #9 of 37
BLOW HIS SPOT UP! If this is the same guy then you are the third person to start a thread about him. Enough already!

Jul 22, 2005 at 1:36 AM Post #10 of 37
Anybody who's read the numerous amp-builder-problem threads in the past knows exactly who this is about. You can seach the thread starter's past postings to partially confirm the suspicion. I'm tired of seeing good head-fi'ers get jerked around by this one guy's crappy service - there are plenty of other amp builders here that offer fantastic products and service, in fact most of the other amp builders around here are absolutely incredible.

Jul 22, 2005 at 2:01 AM Post #11 of 37
ALWAYS check if there's a feedback thread before you decide to go into a deal with someone. And read the whole thread. Just some general advise to prevent other people for this sort of thing.

Anyway if you're talking about who I think you're talking about then I suggest you read his feedback thread and then you'll get a fair idea of what you can expect...

Jul 22, 2005 at 2:18 AM Post #12 of 37
Feedback

Feedback

Feedback

Start now. It can always be edited or even better would be to append it so potential new customers can see the problem, progression and resolution.

This might also motivate the builder to get moving.

How’d you pay? If there’s anyway to start a complaint process or charge back on a credit card start it now.

Mitch

Jul 22, 2005 at 4:54 AM Post #13 of 37
If someone here on Head-Fi is truly doing you wrong, then there should be no problem unveiling their name. If you read others have had similar complaints, through negative feedback, then you need to protect others so they don't feel the same pain.
I am not talking about a witch hunt here, just logical, factual information. This is supposed to be a safe place, for people who share common interests.

Jul 22, 2005 at 7:27 AM Post #14 of 37
I believe some of you have a point about the function as warning sign for others in search for their amp;
the amp builder I am talking about is shellbrook labs.

I did't start a thread with name and all because drew and I (and maybe others) still have a problem to resolve and I certainly don't want this all go out of proportion, for me this is still a hobby and it is still meant to have a good time.
Maybe others who have problems with shellbrook read this or maybe drew himself, reply to my emails or reply here so we can discuss all this like grown ups normally do.
This problem I have is not about amps, this is about service.

Payment was made via paypal and I was only fixated on paypal totally forgetting my cc.
On paypal I was too late to start claim procedure, must be done within 45 days, and my payment was done on 27 March 2005.
Thank you all for reminding me the cc option.

Jul 22, 2005 at 9:11 AM Post #15 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by iban
the amp builder I am talking about is shellbrook labs.

This problem I have is not about amps, this is about service.

The problem has never been with his amps AFAIK, it has been about the service each and every time. I thought things were looking up for a while there, but here we are several months later and there continue to be threads on this issue.

I recently owned a Shellbrook Maxi Moy and had no complaints about the amp--I thought it was a great product. However, I bought it from another forum member...I would have been crazy to order from the website after reading all of these threads from unhappy customers. The complaints are always the same! Shipping dates that were promised but the product wasn't shipped (multiple times), untimely (or no) responses to email communications, amps arriving with wrong parts or in non-working condition, etc...

My only question is, how long will this continue to go on? We always come to the same conclusion--Drew makes great sounding amps and seems to be full of good intentions, but has trouble delivering on the service end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back